“Love the place!!!”

Ramada Resort Shoal Bay
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Shoal Bay
Reviewed September 17, 2012

It is such a gr8 place to stay either with family or as a girly w/e away!!! This year I did both. Not a bad thing to say about the place, we have been 6 times in the last 2 yrs highly recommend the seaspray villas

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Mel P

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed here in a 1 bedroom Heritage apartment on 1/09/12. I must say Shoal Bay Resort and Spa was the best place I have stayed in a long while. Very quiet area right on the beach. Had everything I needed and the day spa was my highlight!

From parking my car to checking in and giving directions, the staff could not have been more friendlier and helpful. The wonderful lady at the day spa was great to have a chat to and gave reccomodations about taking a cruise from Nelson Bay. I also must say the woman who ran the Promanade restaurant was wonderful.

The room was large and clean and had everything you could want for a weekend or longer away. I had a side on view of the water overlooking the main driveway but didnt hear a thing during the night, even though i knew guests were coming and going from the wedding reception in the resort restaurant.

If you head here, do not miss a chance to relax in the day spa. Wonderfully clean lap pool and the three different spas were a joy to experience. Although make sure you start in the lap pool then enjoy the spas from coolest to warmest. Because you will not want to get in the others once youve enjoyed the 38 degree spa. ( i only got out because the place was closing at 7.30)

I ate at the italian buffet as the only other option was the bistro/bar and that was very busy. I had just started to eat my meal when a large group of people came from the bistro saying they had waited two hours for their meals only to be told they had run out of chicken. They werent impressed but i was glad i made the right choice.

I stayed in and watched tv on a huge screen in my room and you can rent dvds from reception if nothing was on. started to rain about 9pm but it was good to watch the cockatoos bathing themselves in the rain from my opening window.

Checking out was very quick the next morning and the car park was very close. I ended up going on a cruise on the Sunday.

I can not reccomend this place highly enough. Was very family friendly ( although the day spa is only for 16 years +) and very easy to get to from Sydney. I'll definitely be back here when i can get more time off work.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Housekeeping and hospitality staff...excluding pub staff...were really good. Reception staff somewhat lacking. Bed so hard we might have well slept on the floor. It was actually two single beds pushed together to make one. We did have a nice time but felt awkward whenever we left our room. Bar and Grill staff very friendly. Exceptional food from Catch Resturant. Dont think we would go again though.

Room Tip: For the price id definately want the room with the view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank susanshadow
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights to attend a friends birthday party. The setting of the resort is absolutely beautiful being directly opposite the water. A pretty walking area with some very challenging hill climbs but the view is worth it. We stayed in a poolside room, and while the decor was very bland, it was a decent size and everything was very clean. We had the buffet breakfast every morning which was good value and the staff are lovely . Also had a very relaxing massage at the spa which was also well presented and clean with friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LJH32
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Myself, my son and two other friends went for a ride out to Shoal Bay this morning and had breakfast at the Shoal Bay resort and Spa in the Sandy Foot Cafe and Bar. I had Eggs Benedict which were simply delicious. My son had the pancakes and he loved those to. Breakfast for him and I was 30 dollars with a drink each but you get what you pay for and we thoroughly enjoyed our experience there today. We will be back for sure !!!! We didn't stay in any of the rooms there as we were only there for breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We were here for a conference, and were quite alarmed by previous reviews of the Zenith rooms. However, our room was fine - separate bedroom, big bathroom (no bath), functional kitchenette. The downside? Very close to the apartment block next door, so needed to keep curtains drawn all the time, and overlooking a vacant messy block. The Zenith block is the oldest part of the resort, reached through the car park and up several flights of stairs - a pretty stock standard old style 2 storey motel. However, the service was fine, the staff friendly, the room clean and quiet, and hey, the company was paying! The resort itself is in a fabulous location, and if I were coming here on holidays I would choose to stay in the more modern apartments with water views. We looked at a couple in Breakwater and Barrington and they were great.

Room Tip: If you are staying in the Zenith ask for a room with separate bedroom. The others seemed to be one b...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed at Shoal Bay Resort & Spa in May with my husband and 2 children. The service provided is very good, the staff are always friendly and helpful. The location is nice, across the road from the beach. We had a Pool View studio, which had a nice view of the pool and garden. The room itself does need a bit of work. It is comfortable but I feel its the small things that make a place stand out. The bedside lights had swear words written on them with marker, the lights on each side of the bed were different colours - not too relaxing of a night and the room felt spacious, yet a little empty like it needed a sofa or something to fill it. My kids did enjoy their stay and exploring the lovely beaches. The breakfast buffet was your standard buffet, nice restaurant, pleasant staff and outlook and average food. Recommended to those wanting a slow paced, relaxing time away, outdoor lovers and those interested in the local whale and dolphin watching.

Room Tip: Select a different room type to Pool View, we found it noisy every night when drunk people returned...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
#7 of 16 in Nelson Bay
Oaks Pacific Blue Resort
Oaks Pacific Blue Resort
#1 of 1 in Salamander Bay

Been to Ramada Resort Shoal Bay? Share your experiences!