“Siargao has got it all... and Greenhouse has something special!”
Review of Greenhouse

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in General Luna
Greenhouse
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in General Luna
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This was our second stay at Greenhouse, and we are already planning our next trip... we cannot wait to come back! My wife and I arrived there and were met by the owners (Andrew & Keiko) and manager (Julieta), and showed us to our beautiful house (right on their private beach) with spacious front porch where their wonderful staff promptly came by and explained how to best enjoy the island... I was interested in surfing, they had a selection of boards and their own boat so it was pretty effortless to get out to where the waves were breaking out in front of Greenhouse, not to mention Cloud 9 which is very close by... my wife was keen on simply swimming/snorkling in the crystal clear water, and exploring the island (the empty beaches, lagoons, rockpools, the BBQ, the massages on the beach) and the wonderful Julieta was able to help us to get this all set up, rent scooters etc. without us having to leave our hammock. The folks at Greenhouse have got it right, its the perfect balance between a relaxing setting with friendly, considerate staff, delicious meals, fun activities and incredible accommodation.... u just gotta experience it for urself! Thanks to James also for handling our reservation so quickly and making it all so easy!

Room Tip: House 3 was perfect for a couple
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alan C

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Whenever the option exists, I like to book places that trusted friends have stayed in -- and after Greenhouse was recommended with unbridled enthusiasm, our choice for Siargao was obvious. We could not have been happier with that decision. The place is stunning, and Andrew, Keiko, Julieta, and the rest of the staff were so friendly and laid back, yet serious in their mission to make sure we had an awesome time every day we were on the island. I should also mention that they have a real concern and care for the island and its residents, buying local food and encouraging guests to surf with local instructors.

We (three of us) stayed for 4 nights and showed up without much of a plan. With just a bit of advance notice, Julieta flawlessly and cheerfully arranged all our activities, so we were able to make our schedule day-by-day. The flexibility was much appreciated! We mostly surfed, but also golfed, snorkeled, beached, and slack-lined.

The house we stayed in (#1) was gorgeous. We never got tired of lounging on the porch, and eating our meals with a view of the sea did not get old either. It was such a comfortable place to come back to after we had worn ourselves out in the surf. Greenhouse is not a 5-star, all-inclusive resort. Nor is it a hostel overflowing with folks where you're going to make 20 new friends. It is cleaner and more private and spacious than a hostel (as you have your own house), and much more personal and unique than a 5-star resort. It is, in other words, a perfect mid-range option. I'd say the facilities and vibe of the place are most suitable for couples/groups of friends who consider themselves independent travelers. In my opinion, the atmosphere here is perfect: it is quiet enough that you could take a nap in a hammock or read a book on your porch, but the staff and other guests are close by and it is definitely a social place if and when you want it to be.

We all left Siargao certain we would return, and we would not consider staying anywhere else. Thanks again to the whole crew!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Devin C
Reviewed September 15, 2013

If I didn't like the owners so much I wouldn't write this review, and instead would selfishly keep this secret for my next visit. It is inevitable that this secret gets out, though. I just hope that the next time I visit it isn't already booked. I have traveled extensively through South America, SE Asia, greater Asia and Europe - and this is one of my favorite place I have stayed.

I stayed at the Greenhouse for 5-days with a few friends. Andrew and Keiko organized an amazing trip for us, arranging surfing lessons, boat trips and even a tiny golf excursion. They spend time to tailor their recommendations to what you want, even if that is to lie silently in a hammock on the grounds and lazily overlook the ocean. I could wax poetic for paragraphs about the experience, instead I will just say it has my highest recommendation.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Burke W
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed in beautifully designed house with high ceilings, two rooms with comfortable double beds, airy deck to lounge/eat/drink, stocked fridge... Including all basic amenities. A small strip of sandy beach and the sea is steps away, along with a grassy lawn donned with hammocks, a slack line, and a yoga deck. All of which I utilized. I truly cannot imagine staying anywhere else when visiting Siargao. My boyfriend, best friend and I visited due to a friend's recommendation (for the accommodations/surfing), and it more than lived up to our expectations. We became friends with the wonderful owner(s) and staff, who were always there if we wanted to plan a surf lesson or excursion on a whim. Home cooked meals were brought to our deck (would plan/confirm one meal in advance), where we dined while overlooking the sea. When we planned a surf lesson, our instructors would pick us up by motorbike and take us a short ride away to cloud nine, where the surf is absolutely incredible. The three of us are well travelled, international professionals...and greenhouse was absolutely ideal for us in terms of balancing solid comfort and independence. Excellent value.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Nieh104
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had such a fantastic time at the Greenhouse. My boyfriend and I stayed for a week, but should have stayed for two! Plenty of things to do, with the Greenhouse having their own boat, but theres lots of opportunity to lie around doing nothing in a beautiful location if that's what takes your fancy. Owners and staff are so laid back, friendly and happy - thanks for making us feel so welcome! We will definitely be back!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Louise891
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had heard about Greenhouse through friends, and promptly booked 4 nights with them. It was everything it was made out to be. Great little bungalows right on the beach, excellent food, variety of activities and friendly staff. We had a great time, and will definitely be back. ('Next time in big wave season.' - says my boyfriend!) Recommend!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jess_pooch
Reviewed August 6, 2013

was a great place to stay, so close to everything and the staff are so welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. So many activities that are organised for you by the staff and they are happy to share their local culture.

Room Tip: cabin 1 was the best
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
#5 of 6 in General Luna
Kawayan Siargao Resort
Kawayan Siargao Resort
#3 of 6 in General Luna

Been to Greenhouse? Share your experiences!