“Relaxing and beautiful get-away by the sea”
Review of Greenhouse

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in General Luna
Greenhouse
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in General Luna
Hong Kong
“Relaxing and beautiful get-away by the sea”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed in The Greenhouse last year for a week with a few friends. I've traveled around the Philippines before, but this was by far the best service and most intimate place I've been. The rooms were spacious and the beds were comfortable. Each bungalow was equipped with an indoor and outdoor shower, speaker system (great for listening to relaxing music in the afternoon or evening), and a front deck facing the water.

Every morning I woke up to the sound of waves lapping against the sand and a delicious breakfast served on the deck of my bungalow. The staff was always extremely friendly and helpful. Never having surfed before, we rented some boards and a lovely staff member took my friend and I out on the water to give surfing a try. He was helpful, instructive and enjoyed a good laugh.

I would definitely recommend The Greenhouse to anyone that asked and loved my time there.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 22, 2012

After 8months travelling through Asia, we found our 2 weeks at the Greenhouse to be the highlight of our travel experience! The accommodation is top notch, carefully designed and comfortable rooms are spacious and well priced. The owners and staff members are a friendly and genuine bunch who go out of their way to assist you and make your stay that much more special and memorable. Surfing and snorkelling gear is available for hire and excellent surf breaks present themselves just a short Greenhouse boat hop away.

I left The Greenhouse and Siargao Island vowing to return, as it was truly one of the best places I have visited. My wife and I shall be seeing you again, soon!

• Stayed July 2011
Beijing
Reviewed June 12, 2012

The Greenhouse is an excellently run eco-friendly series of bungalows on the beach in the secluded island of Siargao. I first met the proprietor, Andrew Russo, via a mutual friend and have stayed there twice since. The Greenhouse is a surfer's paradise, a short walk from Cloud 9 surf break and my personal favorite Tui Son. My girlfriend also enjoyed it, and visited the rock pools and special (non-stinging) jellyfish on boat trips from the Greenhouse.

The rooms are comfortably furnished, each having WiFi and a speaker system to play music while relaxing between surf sessions or chilling out during the heat of the day. The showers are artistically done with beautiful smoothed rocks and the houses are done traditionally in all wood. There was a loft upstairs suitable for kids. The Greenhouse has a nice quiver of boards available for vacationers.

The staff are all locals, personally trained by Andrew and they are a great bunch. They're also much better surfers than I, but gave me a lot of leeway in surf etiquette to go for the sets I wanted and were always friendly.

The crabgrass lawning is fun to relax on, and play a game of cornhole or bochiball in the evening with a cold beer.

An experience I'll never forget is awakening in the morning to the gentle sound of surf lapping against the shore and looking out to a sunny day and awesome waves breaking around the point.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
#3 of 9 in Siargao Island
Siargao Inn
Siargao Inn
#2 of 14 in General Luna

Been to Greenhouse? Share your experiences!