“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dolphins View Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beachview
Dolphins View Guest House
Ranked #3 of 5 Beachview B&B and Inns
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

I visited this guesthouse again on my trip to South Africa and I wasn't disappointed. Elaine has kept up the same standards as I found on my previous visit. Dolphinsview is situated on the beachfront and is certainly aptly named as we saw dophins frolicking in the sea everyday, we also saw whales. The rooms are very clean and comfortable furnished with all the amenities that you need for a pleasant stay. Elaine is very friendly and makes sure that you have everything that you need. I will certainly stay here again on my next holiday in SA,

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dorothy1216

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Finnish first
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have traveled every 3 days to different locations in and around the country, for the last 36 months and I feel it imperative, to write a review, for Dolphins View Guest House, as I have yet to stay at a venue,where the hostess is more friendly, and accommodating,

The view is spectacular, the crisp clean sea breeze making you feel like you have just soared above the heavens for a while.

Throughout my many travels, for work, it is almost with a feeling of angst that we get to the places that was booked for us, but what a pleasant surprise was it, being met by a lovely hostess, welcoming us with such open arms.

You cannot help but feel like part of the family, 5 minutes after you've stepped into your unit.

All units are immaculately clean, and a lot of care is taken that everything one should need, is in the unit,
There is not a guest house that I have stayed in for the last 36 months, that has surprised me more.

It is with an open heart that I can recommend this Guest House to anyone needing to travel to Port Elizabeth.

Room Tip: Choose a place where you are welcome and feel at home.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Its very difficult to balance, value, hospitality and with a geat sea view, Elaine has managed this.
well done. my stay of about a month was superb throughout. You will see dolphins on most days, and parking is very safe in a quite location, 20 odd km's out of town is not far and is definitely worth the ride. The rooms are neat and functional and well maintained by friendly staff. there are a couple of good resturants within a 7 km radius. I can def. recommend the Guest House.
Douglas

Room Tip: most of the rooms have great sea views I enjoyed the bigger room no. 5
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Schoemansdal, Mpumalanga, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I couldn't have been more pleased with this guest house. When I showed up at Elaine's door at 9 pm, I hadn't had dinner yet and was exhausted from an entire day of travel. She took me in and got me sorted with no problems whatsoever.

The next morning, I awoke to see the dolphins just offshore, slowly making their way across the ocean. I had a lovely run along the beach, took a hot shower, and enjoyed my coffee and rusks.

I would have liked to have stayed longer, but this Guest House gets high marks across the board. Elaine was lovely and I really enjoyed my stay.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Andrew W
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have stay at Dolphin's View (DV) on and off for the last 4 years whenever I visit South Africa from London (usually about three times a year) and will continue to do so whenever I am in PE, every-time I have found the suites (have stayed in all) to be perfect for a holiday this close to the coast, its hard to get closer and have such a stunning vista at the same time. The value for money and quality of the rooms, are partly the reasons for return visits, however, the absolute winner for me every time is the location and the opportunity to have sundowners at the pub. The hospitality, with a nothing is too much trouble attitude, makes for a wonderful and relaxing stay every-time. My last visit in June 2012 was with my young daughter (10) who felt very much at home and felt secure to the extent of being happy for me to go out sans a baby sitter, an offer I chose to turn down. I cannot recommend staying at DV highly enough and strongly encourage anyone heading to that part of South Africa to add at least one night at DV, which I am sure will lead to a few more.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Lossiemouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Dolphin's view guest house is marvellous. Excellent location and facilities. Dolphin's aplenty. Elaine the owner is marvellous. Very enthusiastic and proud of Dolphin's VIew. It's very spacious and clean. We stayed there for 3 days before heading inland. Lots of dolphins too..

Room Tip: 5 star location!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Margaret L
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

As we had been there before we used Dolphin's View as a bolthole for our visit to ZA this year. Elaine always has the establishment spick and span and her enthusiasm never changes. We spent a few days there before flying up to Durban for a week and then returned. On this visit we saw dolphins every day practically. Lots of them. Dolphin's View location is stunning especially the sunset's. Really it 's worth while reading the web page. Although the guest house is about 20 minutes drive from PE it is worth the drive. It's like something out of the Californian coastline... absolutely stunning!!!!

Keep up the good work Elaine....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank VascoScotland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beachview
16 Beach Music
#15 of 66 in Port Elizabeth
Summer Blue Guest House
Summer Blue Guest House
#12 of 43 in Summerstrand

Been to Dolphins View Guest House? Share your experiences!