“Beautiful and peaceful!”

and 1 more site!
16 Beach Music
Ranked #1 of 4 Beachview B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I only stayed at 16 Beach Music for two nights, but thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The area along the coastline is stunningly beautiful. I loved eating breakfast while looking out over the ocean. And what a treat to see a whale splashing on my final morning! For meals, there's a lovely new coffeeshop and gourmet market about 5 minutes drive from the guesthouse. I also stumbled upon the Friendly Stranger, a coffee bar/bistro in PE away from the tourist strip with a hip, artsy vibe and good food and desserts.

Estelle is a wonderful host. Breakfast was delicious and she was incredibly helpful. I was traveling alone and had rented a car with the intention of driving to Hankey to see the burial place of Sarah Baartman. Estelle also recommended other small towns along the way and provided me with a map. Even as an American accustomed to driving on the right side, I found it easy to navigate the roads in the Port Elizabeth area. The valley region is gorgeous as are the coastal drives. I drove past the small township of Loerie as well as Hankey. (To see the Bartmann's burial place, turn towards the giant sun dial and then follow the signs for the "lookout point" up a hill. It's a very reverent scene with 360 degree panorama views of the River Valley area.) I also drove through Patensie. I had intended to go to Jeffries Bay, but on the recommendation of a local stopped at the Kouga Dam instead.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Location, location, location.....We spent 2 nights at this great spot while doing an Eastern Cape adventure. What a pleasure it was to gaze at the Indian Ocean and see dolphins and whales in such close proximity. The beach directly across a very quiet road provided the children (and adults) with hours of fun, exploring the rock pools collecting shells and beautiful smooth stones.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BradMehl
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I never ever stay anywhere else when we come to Port Elizabeth!! This was now our 5th or 6th time that we've stayed at Estelle's B&B :-) we absolutely LOVE this B&B... Most beautiful view when you wake up in the morning seeing dolphins and if you lucky, you might just see a whale too :-) We love the fact that there's no traffic waking us up in the morning, only the beautiful sound of the ocean!!Everything inside the rooms always clean and fresh and beautiful...makes you WANT to come back! No place like '16 BEACH MUSIC'.... Thanks Estelle for always being SO friendly and being such a good hostess!!! we'll be back ;-)

Room Tip: The room with balcony is our favorite!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank Christelleslabb... S
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I spent nearly 4 weeks by Estelle and Robbie. I enoyed every day of my stay! It was the Paradies on earth. The breakfast was very nice. There are very friendly persons and taked very good care of me :-).
Very nice was it to see the dolphins in the morning by the breakfast when we had the breakfast outside in the garden.
The rooms are nice and clean, and the food was also very good.
I will stay next time for shure in the B&B at the beachmusic.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Christian274
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Very nice Guesthouse with a feeling that you are highly welcome and are a part of the family.
The view on to the Ocean is just beautiful and the first thing in the morning is to see dolphins.
Thanks to Robbie and Estelle for the good time and that all our needs has been fullfilled.
We do not have to think about other accomodation then the beachmusic when in the area.
Always hepful when finding activities arround and looking for a nice restaurant or bar.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We spent two days in this B&B guest house in January 2013. We had a great holiday and we enjoyed our stay very much. Everything was fine - friendly hostess (husband in hospital), clean and superb accomodation, great views, lovely breakfast. Our son and daughter-in-law had stayed here two years ago and recommended this guest house as much as they could. We never looked for other places to stay in the Port Elizabeth area and we did not regret! We felt we had known you our whole life! We would love to come back.

Regards from Torild and Per, Norway.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We chose to stay in Beachview so that we wouldn't have a long drive when we started our Garden Route holiday, and so that we could spend one night right by the ocean falling asleep to the sound of the waves. 16 Beach Music fulfilled these requirements excellently and we had the perfect start to our holiday. We only stayed one night but we went swimming, had a lovely meal at the local restaurant and enjoyed the stunning view from our very comfortable room. Estelle was so helpful, giving us plenty of advice, helping us to book some activities and giving us a hand when we slept in by mistake and were running late for our morning appointment. We were very happy to have found this lovely spot.

• Stayed: December 2012

Been to 16 Beach Music? Share your experiences!