Just got back from this villa stayed for one week 7-14 th oct, wishing we were still there. The villa is absolutely fabulous, so wished it was mine lol, views are amazing,at first we were a bit nervous going up the mountains but after the first time it was fine , supermarket we used was about 15 min away , Granada shopping centre is one hour away, think it was built last year , we did travel out but couldn’t wait to get back to the villa and into the pool which was cold getting in but once in the pool it was actually lovely and my nieces loved it. Communication with Martin was quick and smooth. Thanks for letting us stay x
Our family of 4 stayed at Martin's Villa Masia De L'Avi for a week in May 2017. Martin is a considerate host, and our Villa stay was a highlight of our 7 week tour of Iberia. A google search on "Villa Masia De L'Avi" will turn up plenty of descriptions, listings and videos. Here's our top tips:
- BOOK IT - If you are looking for a relaxing escape, book with confidence, you'll have a great time.
- DAY TRIPS - The hilltop villa is 20 minutes up a narrow, twisting road with spectacular views. Easy and pleasant day trips to Granada, Alpujarra hill towns + hiking, Nerja town/beaches/caves, La Herradura for SCUBA/snorkelling, sailing or paragliding, Salobrena hill town/beaches, or local coves.
- DINE IN - Buy wind and cook dinner at Martin's place... you don't want to drive that road with any alcohol in your system.
- SLEEP IN - Great place to be lazy and just sleep in after hectic travel days... those spanish shutters block out all light, and the pad is wonderfully free of LED distractions (though there is a TV and playstation for the kids)
- STAY FLEXIBLE - You'll drive past wind turbines on your way up... foreshadowing potential for wind. 50% of our May days were too windy to hang outside... 50% were perfect for hanging outside. Stay flexible.
- SWIM - The pool is lovely but crisp... save it for hot, still afternoons. Wind patterns can be quite different at the local beaches, so if it's windy up top just head down the hill to Castell del Ferro or Salobrena.
Thank you Martin for sharing your lovely home!
We've just got back from the villa 4 ladies on holiday no kids or husbands total bliss for a week shame it wasn't longer
2 of us have been before and loved it the 1st time so decided to celebrate a big 50 birthdays in the villa
total bliss relaxing by the pool in the day and either going down the mountain in the evening to a restaurant or having a barbique at the villa luckily jo a chef so it's great the villa is perfect so private you can just sit there all day looking at the different views that the sun creats on the mountains there are different seating areas for u to choose from through out the day one of are favourite was having a drink on the roof terrace to watch the sun go down amazing! !! and the full moon coming up was also amazing colours out of this world the beds are all comfy and I think u could fit a family in the master bedroom bath ! take bubbles ladies u love it ! The bedrooms have everything you would need don't bother with loads of clothes u don't need it it very hot in the day it can go cooler in the evening but not like the uk the lounge area is comfy for reading or tv and downstairs there's another sofa with games and a playstation lots of books there binoculars for looking out there are lots of lights for night time and secure gates to the property the pool isn't heated but once ur in its lovely and if u don't want to brave it get a blow up chair like I did and u just float on top in the sun (I take mine with me ) and I spent most days floating on top of the pool looking at the views it's so quite there its bliss all I can say is it was are 2nd visit to the villa we are hoping to go next yr for 3 wks the mountain drive up can be daunting on ur 1st trip but jo does all the driving and she wizes up down with no problems it's easier in the dark as u can see other cars so it don't bother us at all one of are best finds was a little shack on the beach just at the side of the port Puerto in Spanish just outside of motril looks not good but the most amazing food the best we had over there paella amazing but don't go by looks it's on the beach right next to kids park and the port what else can I say but I wish I was still there its perfect for us and we love it thank you martin for letting us use ur home it's well appreciated P's sorry we didn't get up to the mountain to meet u we were all starving hadn't had any food while travelling over to spain maybe next time thank you any way