Hotel Rural Cal Torner
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Vistamar(L'Hospitalet de l'Infant)
Hotels.com
Hotel Pino Alto(Miami Platja)
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
4R Meridia Mar(L'Hospitalet de l'Infant)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscal tornerattention to detailher husbandantoniavillagedrivequalitywinesdecorcatswarmth
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Hotel Rural Cal Torner has a sign outside with a classification of 3 stars. I do not understand the stars system for evaluating a hotel, but especially in Europe it may be very misleading. This place is amazing. I loved the room, the attention to details, the cleanliness, the views; but above all I loved being able to meet Jordi and Antonia. They are both so interesting and kindhearted. My husband and I felt like staying with old friends. We had great conversations with them.

The breakfast is delicious, made with the best ingredients...local and fresh all the time. The dinner is always fabulous. Antonia is very modest, but her culinary skills are impressive. (huge tip: do not skip the dinner at their place).

Being such a wonderful place, and given the exprience of meeting Jordi and Antonia; I decided to create my own system to evaluate it. I give it without reservations 5 stars…and 2 hearts.

Room Tip: Being a small hotel, no tip applies here, but like I mentioned before, dine with them, you will see why
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrsluna_az
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Antonia and Jordi were excellent. The food and ambiance are incredible. We were celebrating a milestone birthday for my wife and this really fit the bill. We were able to get to all of the sites and wineries very quickly from the hotel. If you go, you probably want to have a car to travel between sites.

Room Tip: This is a small hotel and all rooms seemed very nice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barry H
Reviewed May 29, 2013

What a wonderful surprise to find the Rural Hotel Cal Torner. This small hotel of 7 rooms is now just 2 years old and the owners have done a fantastic job of creating a truly beautiful and welcoming small inn. The rooms are beautiful and very comfortable. I am currently laying here in bed writing this review after a splendid day of touring the Priorato and now having a rest looking out the window at the surrounding hills/mountain, the roof tops of the neighboring buildings, and the 3 neighbor cats playing on the roof next door. This is a small village with no other services, Falset is less than a 10 minute drive and in addition to breakfast in the morning, Antonia is willing and happy to prepare a small dinner (very tasty) in the evening if you do not wish to drive to Falset. Jordy and Antonia are delightful and welcoming hosts and will do everything to make you feel at home and comfortable. If I could give them 6 stars, I would. It has been the highlight of our time here in Spain.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed spending two nights at Cal Torner. The accommodations were very nice--the pictures are spot on.

Although the village where the hotel is located is small and slightly out of the way, it's just 10 mins to Falset, a larger town, and within easy driving distance of many of the wineries in the area. The proprietors, Antonia and Jordi, could not have been more welcoming, and we left feeling like we were their friends. Antonia prepared a great dinner the first night we were there, and also suggested a winery tour that ended up being one of the highlights of our entire week. Overall, this is a wonderful place to spend a couple of nights in the Priorat area.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Salomo room, which was lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank smorris291
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We have just got back from a weekend in the Priorat region of Tarragona, Spain and we spent Saturday night in Cal Torner. We are really pleased that we chose this hotel. It is set in a small village not far from the River Ebre region and only 9 km from Falset. The hotel owners, Jordi and Antonia, are wonderful people who do whatever is necessary to make your stay with them a memorable one. Their knowledge of the region is amazing, restaurants, monuments, roads, wine "cellers". The hotel is small, it only has 7 bedrooms, but this makes you feel like at home away from home. The restored old town house is beautifully decorated and each room has its own touch. We had dinner at the hotel, cooked by Antonia and served by Jordi. Simple Catalan cuisine never tasted so good and the wine list was very good, as to be expected in the Priorat. The bedroom was comfortable and had a few nice touches. The breakfast was great, freshly squeezed orange juice, fresh fruit, a selection of cold meats and cheeses, toast, a selection of freshly baked local pastries ...
We will definitely return to this hotel and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a base from which to visit the Priorat region.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple