Princess D'An Nam Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewsplunge poolfishing villagefew daysmandarin villabeach fronthour drivefrom ho chi minh citykids clubmain poolperfect placemui nef bhigh qualityoverlooking the beachfood is excellentrestaurant staffpeace and quiet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I am writing this whilst sitting on my balcony of a Mandarin Suite overlooking he pool!
I have read with interest the other reviews,good and bad and feel able to contribute to the mix.
My wife and I along with my sister and husband are staying here for 4 nights as the final part of our trip to Vietnam. We have travelled from top to bottom and wanted a place to relax and unwind for a few days before flying home.
The hotel is a little distance from HCMC, but if you had done your research before booking you will know that! A point of note is that the new highway is half done and this has taken an hour off the trip, so we made the transfer in 4 hours.
Again, if you have read the reviews and hotel description you will know it is isolated and not part of a string of hotels. Therefore once you are here you are limited with meal choices and hence are forced to eat in the hotel. This is no bad thing, but as you should expect for this grade of hotel, the food is not the cheapest. However the quality is very good and the service impeccable.
The staff are the most friendly and interactive we have come across during our trip. They are proud to work at the hotel and eager to please. Sure, some of their English is not perfect, but that adds to the charm and character of the place. This is not London's Mayfair and people shouldn't expect immaculate English.
The GM is always on hand and when we had a minor issue with a young child misbehaving and not being controlled by his parents, he was quick to ensure that this would not be repeated. He was keen to ensure that his staff were aware of our and other dinners annoyance at the behaviour and that action should be taken to prevent reoccurance.
The resort is spacious, quiet, relaxing and has beautiful well tended gardens. The pools are lovely and the staff react as soon as you arrive with extra towels and bottled water. At lunch a small plate of fruit also appears.
Our suite is spacious and well equipped and as I have said overlooks one of the smaller pools. Others overlook or open onto the garden which is not as convenient. I have not seen the other suites, but they obviously get larger and closure to the sea as you move forward.
The beach is fine, not magnificent, but is good for strolling in the morning before it gets too hot. There is some litter on it,which is a shame, but the local village and the general sea currents probably make a litter free beach impossible.
Overall and excellent resort with genuinely friendly staff. Come here if you want peace and quiet with excellent facilities. Stay away if you want disco's, lively night life or have badly behaved, noisy children, so those of us that do not dont have to suffer!!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wiggy82
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights and it was absolutely wonderful. It up holds its 5 stars. The service and faculties were outstanding. The food was absolutely top notch!!!! The location is a long way from anything, but for us it did not matter. My only thing to say for improvement would be - if you request non smoking villa please don't put us next door to smoker. As when you sit out on your patio you smell there unpleasant smoke. Maybe cluster smokers together. Other then that- thank you very much for a restful stay.

• Stayed: February 2014
Princessannam, General Manager at Princess D'An Nam Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at PRINCESS D’ÂNNAM Resort & Spa.

Thank you for pointing to us the issue of guests smoking on the balcony next door, I am taking steps to avoid this to happen in future.

We look forward to welcoming you back.
Best regards,
Jean-Philippe

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I can honestly say that Princess d'Annam was the BEST staying hotel on our trip around Vietnam! Only regret is that we didn't have time to stay for longer! Having stayed at 4-5 star hotels around Vietnam, i can proudly say that Princess d'Annam has made number 1 on our list! Its a perfect location for a beautiful and relaxing getaway!!

I was absolutely blown away by how beautiful and clean the resort was kept at all times, the gardens were in immaculate condition - Breath taking!! Rooms and facilities (Pools, spa, gym, toilets) were spotless and perfectly cleaned at all times. Very spacious, beautiful rooms, quality furniture! Staff members were very friendly and helpful - Very warming and always smiling! The GM was very professional, always on top of things at all times and very welcoming upon our approval and departure. The food was superb! (Compliments to the chief!) - Fresh foods and produce cooked to perfection!

Princess d'Annam you cannot be beaten! Thank you for giving us such an amazing experience! You have taken my expectations to another level - Well done!! Keep up the fantastic work! I most defiantly will be returning! :)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thechaz
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Simply put, The Princess D is the most fabulous resort we have ever had the honour to stay at! I cannot say enough about this paradise to satisfy my own gratitude for having stayed there. Our arrival at the welcome centre and our introduction to the resort, its immaculate and beautiful gardens and our villa, left our jaws dragging along the ground for hours. The courtesy and attention to detail of that initial experience, carried on and expanded through our seven night stay. The staff are all incredibly kind, thoughtful, skillful and gracious. I could review the staff for hours alone. The resort is architecturally superb with the princess villa, in which we stayed, possessing all the comfort, luxury and homeliness you could wish for even with the highest expectations. The cuisine and the dining service generally is, I have to say, the very best I have ever experienced! Superb food both western and local. Some aspects of this service is unique! So unique, I will not elaborate further as I believe anyone reading this review should go there themselves and be wowed by it. The magnificence of the gardens cannot be put into words by someone as unskilled as myself. Breathtaking for somewhere that isnt a renowned botanical garden. The other facilities and range of activities such as the spa, many pools, gym and excursions are all superb in quality and scope. Explore the website for more examples of the Princess D'annam experience. The owners vision of this resort seems to centre around the pleasure of the clientele rather than endless ways to profit. It takes guests happiness and value for their money, to another level. Thank you so much Princess

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Great place a five hour drive from HCMC. Set on its own beach - isolated and well-designed throughout - a genuine retreat. Lovely gardens, too, while the rooms are generous in every respect.

The food was excellent, and reasonable value given the location and lack of competition.

However the wine list should have have been better and was very expensive (GM said changes are planned on this front).

All the staff were nice, though a couple of front-liners have poor English language skills, and there is plenty to do for the action-minded with lots of water toys - surfboards, kayaks, kite boards, Hobie cat - and a great beach out front.

All my family loved Princess D'Annam and would most definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank TruMarc
Princessannam, General Manager at Princess D'An Nam Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at PRINCESS D’ÂNNAM Resort & Spa.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our Resort and have communicated your comments to all our staff. In relation to the wine list, I have already introduced a number of interesting and more affordable wines, thank you for pointing this to me.

We look forward to welcoming you back in future.
Best regards, Jean-Philippe