“Lovely setting and pleasant food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Medowie Macadamias
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Medowie
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brisbane, Australia
“Lovely setting and pleasant food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed a lovely fresh lunch here during our holidays. We were not fussed by having to order at the counter and we picked out a nice table away from all the hustle and bustle of the direct cafe seating area. Our meals were served quite quickly and the staff were friendly. I enjoyed a chicken crepe with pesto, sundried tomatoes, mushrooms and macadamias, served with a lovely side salad with macadamia dressing (yum!). My partner had a chicken, avocado and cheese toastie and a bowl of potatoe wedges - apparently some of the best wedges he has had.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Leeha D

• Thai first
Newcastle, Australia
“Don't go on a Sunday”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

I visited the Café with my family on 2nd March 2014 and our experience was not great. We walked into the café and were not acknowledged until we had waited and I had to advise we had a booking , then we were taken to a table and not given menu’s so had to go and collect some, we raised a query concerning a shortage on our order 2 staff members (one was the owner)without any feedback or resolution and then I had to leave my meal to physically walk in and again query the missing coffee only to be told in front of other patrons in quiet a rude tone that I was wrong by both of the owners. In fact when the dockets were checked I was not wrong they had overlooked our order but offered no apology. To add to that when I emailed them to complain the owner Scott was no more pleasant and raved throughout the email about how hard their life was and they were so busy, that they could not please everyone and in fact this is one of the lines direct from his response "But my suggestion is don’t come on a Sunday at lunch time to enjoy it as we might be getting smashed.". As you can imagine I won't be going back any day

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Scott L, Owner at Medowie Macadamias, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
I feel this comment harsh. I was working myself this Sunday and this has all happened over " is this coffee a skim or a full cream". I responded to the customers email with a email that had 6 sorrys in it and offered her and her partner a free coffee and cake so she could remember why she had been to our out of the way venue before several times. She told me she had allways enjoyed our place. I told here of a set of events that led to the confusion and was told " thank god for social media." I hope all my regular customers can read the email i posted to this customer so you can understand that i can not do much but appolagise 6 times and offer for her to visit again so she can understand that not every visit can be perfect every time , although i the owner would love for that for all my guests . My family owned bussiness will continue to aim for that 100% satisfaction but like the weather iam sure there will be grey days ahead among all the blue ones. Please let us know of your good and bad experiences so we can do better.
Allways trying 100%
Scott L and Family
Sydney, Australia
“Stick to the sweets”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Great place to spend an hour or 2. We had lunch which was ok. But the cakes and milkshakes were much better!
Macadamia milkshake was really good, as I probably could have had about 10 of them!

Not a lot to do here, but nice place just to relax and have a bite to eat.

• Visited October 2013
Newcastle, Australia
“Macadamian Farm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Service can be slow but overall food great and scenic spot. Desserts are especially delicious and they have some unusual drinks in the drink fridge.

Visited August 2013
“Disappointing.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Whilst there was nothing particularly horrifying about our experience, it was very disappointing. The prices were far in excess of the quality of the food - the ice coffee had no ice cream and was weak, the long black was a single shot, the cakes were average. The service was quick and polite, however the orders arrived in a haphazard manner. We will not be returning.

• Visited September 2013