“Ohope beach Top 10”

Ohope Beach TOP 10 Holiday Park
Reviewed May 2, 2012

This is a well organised Holiday Park. We stayed in a 'Motel' unit. It was well equipped and very clean and tidy.

Our only reservation was it's location, right opposite the kids playground and swimming pool.

If yu dont mind the noise and screams of delight (which ususally cease in the early evening) then no problem. If noise is an issue we suggest you book one of the cabins.

There are newer reviews for Ohope Beach TOP 10 Holiday Park

Reviewed April 30, 2012

We took our small school for a Camp here in the first week of April. The staff were very friendly, and kind. All facilities were extremely clean. I would recommend to all. Thanks from Pukeokahu School

Room Tip: The beach front apartments were amazing.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2012

The 'absolute beach front apartment' would not actually be absolute beachfront when the park was busy as there were stands for Motor caravans in front, so that instead of looking at the sea from the verandah, you would be looking at a mobile home. I do not think they should be making these claims as the units are very expensive especially in high season and I would have been furious in those circumstances.

However having issued this warning, the unit was lovely, beautiful kitchen and wetroom, huge bedroom, comfortable beds and lounge and very nice terrace with proper dining table outside as well as inside. And the sunsets were to die for. I'm not sure why we were given the handicapped unit as there were empty properties around. Also, I am not sure how well sound-proofed it would have been if we had people in the next flat - there was a door between the 2 lounges. Out of season, it was perfect for us, but as a couple who like peace and quiet I think it might be a little hectic in the summer. Incidentally, It was the only place we stayed at where you had to request a service of the room by placing a card in the window.

2  Thank Elizabeth P
Janene M, Owner at Ohope Beach TOP 10 Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Speaking of sunsets to die for how is this one. http://flic.kr/p/9ydgDP
You are right we are a busy place to visit in summer with a lot going on for the kids. The camp sites you speak about in front of the rooms are only used for approx. 6 weeks of the year and then only ever for tents not motorhomes or caravans so not to obstruct the view from the apartments. We are the only accommodation supplier in Ohope that doesn’t have a roadway between us and the beach hence the title absolute beachfront. The reason we introduced the service signs was to increase our Energy efficiency for our Responsible Tourism initiative, which we have just found out we have risen to Enviro Silver which we are very proud of. I am glad in general that you liked your room.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

We had booked 2 nights with our campervan but with such a lovely park and great weather we stayed for 3. Magical site on the beach with views to White Island. Friendly staff and good facilities. Park is right on beautiful beach. Will return next year for sure.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Janene M, Owner at Ohope Beach TOP 10 Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

We'd love to have you back and thanks for the great fedback

Reviewed April 6, 2012

We only stayed there 2 nights but totally enjoyed it. Our cabin was an oldie but a goodie. Newly refurbished with absolutely everything you could possibly need. The cheeky Pom on reception couldn't do enough to help us out with where to eat, how to find places in town etc. I am so pleased we found this amazing place on the water.

Room Tip: Discuss exactly what you want with reception, they will fin it.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

We pride ourselves on our great service and have been rated above the group average for this from TOP 10 head office. We continually are looking to improve our rooms and this year we plan to do up our Standard Cabins also.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

I stayed at Ohope Beach Holiday Park to attend a wedding. I originally chose to stay there for pure convenience as the ceremony & reception were at the Holiday Park's conference centre. I wasn't expecting much especially for the cheap rate I was paying. Well what a pleasant surprise I got. Without a doubt the highlight was the friendly & helpful reception staff. This was my first trip to NZ & I was travelling alone. The staff went out of their way to help me find & book a great restaurant for lunch & also helped me arrange & book an airport drop off at very short notice on a Sunday. My accommodation was spacious & clean and beyond what I expected for a holiday park. All in all I was extremely satisfied with my stay & would definitely recommend it to anyone. I plan to return with my family next time we visit NZ.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo

Thanks for the kind words, we look forward to having you back.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

We came across this marvelous park as we were here for a wedding that was in the conferance centre attached to the park at the Surf and Sand. We had a day up our sleeves with our kids so we were going to do something for the kids to join in on but when we got to the camp we realised that we didn't need to go anywhere. This park has everything. There is a beautiful pool with decent enough hydroslides and a great playground for the kids on top of that. The bathrooms and communial kitchen was very clean and tidy and there were even spacey games for the kids, and me...
Our room was beautiful and the cleaners were really friendly as they serviced our room every day. Louise was my favourite cleaner, she was so helpfull with knowledge and went above and beyond the call of a cleaner.
The manager was also helpfull and helped us with our return leg of our ohope experience.
Would definitly stay again, forever if possible.

Room Tip: Stay on the beachfront apartments. Wicked view
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ohope
White Island Rendezvous
Aquarius Motel
Aquarius Motel
#7 of 9 in Ohope
Beachpoint Apartments

Been to Ohope Beach TOP 10 Holiday Park? Share your experiences!