“Experience the best of Chianti countryside with the perfect tour guide”
Review of Chianti Inside Out

Chianti Inside Out
Ranked #202 of 411 Tours in Province of Florence
Reviewed March 25, 2012

This review is long overdue. I visited my daughter who was spending spring 2011 semester in Florence. After a few days in Florence, we wanted a couple days to experience touring in the chianti region and staying in a local village bed and breakfast where we could just wander around the town by foot. As we were travelling alone, and only had two days to spend, I didn't want the hassle of renting a car, getting lost, and finding our way alone. I found Enzo's chianti insideand out online, and after a few brief email exchanges, I knew it was going to be exactly what I wanted, and it was even better than we could have hoped for.
We stayed in Enzo's hometown, a midieval walled village known as San Donato. Enzo found us the perfect bed and breakfast place (Del Giglio) with it's own beautiful backyard, wine cellar, living room, dining room and 2 bedrooms, with a wonderful host and great breakfast. Enzo pointed out the local restaurants (2) which were a couple blocks from the apt, and even made sure they knew we would be coming (including ordering ahead for us) so that we received the VIP treatment..

Enzo tailored the touring for 2 days to meet our needs. I wanted to visit some wineries, cheese farm, San Gimigiano and some other small towns. Everything was terrific. We had some great private wine tours (3 in all), each with tastings, light food and VIP treatment. We had a lunch at Dievelo winery which was a highlight of the trip as it was so beautiful and we were so well cared for.

I highly recommend Enzo's touring company, and I found him to be very reasonable price wise as well, especially compared to what I would have paid to do everything on my own witihout a guide.. We actually travelled in march, and really lucked out with beautiful weather, and just before the busy touring season, a great time to travel.

Enzo also recommended our bed and breakfast where we stayed in Florence which was also lovely. He also picked us up in florence and then took us to the Florence train station for our next stop, making it so much easier for us.

I would be happy to answer any questions, but you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank feinbergx5
There are newer reviews for Chianti Inside Out

Reviewed March 2, 2012

My wonderful girlfriend booked a day tour with Enzo on my birthday. We saw a Eutruscan tomb site, visited a local butcher shop in a walled hill town, and had an amazing wine tasting and lunch at Dievole Vineyard. After that we went to another classic hill town and toured the walls and town itself truly a wonderful and memorable day.

2  Thank bosrocker51
Reviewed March 1, 2012

This felt like a day in the most beautiful countryside with an old friend. Enzo was friendly, informative, and just plain fun. What began as a day "to see a winery" became a fantastic experience all over the Chianti region. Enzo picked my friend and I up in Florence and drove us to Chianti while telling us wonderful tales of the region. We tasted not only some of the greatest wines of Chianti, but tasted olive oils as well, watched native Italians harvest olives, cure meats and then enjoyed one of the most amazing four course meals, paired with fabulous wines, cheese and dessert. We will be back and this tour (and great guide and friend) is not to be missed. He was made for this. Bravo Enzo!!!

1  Thank Laura E
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Traveled to Italy with a friend and booked the Chianti Inside and Out tour with Enzo and absolutely loved it. We had an amazing day, touring the vineyard, visiting medieval towns, tasting the wine, and enjoying the local restaurants. At the end of a full day I felt that I was immersed in the culture and was able to get a good feel for the region. The tour with Enzo was definitely one of the highlights on our trip, and I would recommend a tour with Enzo to anyone visiting the region.

1  Thank Heather F
Reviewed January 13, 2012

We visited Tuscany from Australia for 3 weeks in October 2011. Before leaving Australia I booked Enzo's Gourmet Food & Wine Tour for my 50th Birthday. This was a wonderful day visiting a couple of wineries, my favourite being Le Filigare - their Chianti Classico wine is divine. Enzo took us for lunch to a gorgeous restaurant in Panzano called Otre Il Giardino and the food was divine. Before our 3 weeks in Tuscany was over we asked Enzo to take us on a tour of Siena. He arranged a wonderful day, including a fabulous lunch and wine tasting at Dievole. If you're visiting Chianti then you MUST contact Enzo and experience one of his well-priced tours. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank kuranda-kuranda