“Found by chance, well worth another visit”

Les Souvenirs de l'Avenir
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Jouques
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Girona, Spain
“Found by chance, well worth another visit”
Reviewed May 30, 2011

My friend & I went to the village of Jouques for a vide grenier (street market). Having never been there before we had no idea what lay ahead of us for lunch. The village itself offers little that is inspiring - a few bars & a pizzeria. The local baker & fruit shop owner both suggested this restaurant, about 2kms out of the village on windy roads. The location is delightful, set up high overlooking provençal hills & we were able to enjoy the pretty terrace. In colder weather the interior is warm and welcoming. I got the impression that this a fairly new restaurant. The toilets are ultra modern & clean. There were 2 or 3 menus to choose from, we both chose the 23€ menu. My friend had a wonderful salad with serrano ham & I an excellent salad with chèvre chaud - generous & interesting with hidden suprises.We both chose the bavette with pepper sauce, a good choice as it turned out. My friend wanted hers well done while I required medium-rare. Both arrived perfectly cooked, the sauce was delicious. A pleasant vegetable accompaniment. Deserts were simple but good quality. Wine was quite expensive, but the house red is very good. The service cooly profesional.This is a young business venture that deserves patronage. Hopefully they will keep up their standards & will therefore do well.

• Visited May 2011