Our fourth visit to the peaceful Rose and Crown in the last 3 years. Since our first visit the hotel has changed ownership, but without doubt has retained everything we like in a hotel. Lovely spacious, warm, comfortable and clean bedroom. Good quality food and service with a wide choice of dishes (excellent steak and fish), also the added benefit of 2 different style restaurants within the same building giving a choice of formal or more informal dining. Cosy well stocked bar with open fire, ideal to return to after long walks at this time of year (and there are many good long walks right from the hotel door).
The entire Rose and Crown team are friendly, helpful and very efficient.
Good to hear that the owners are continuing to invest in the hotel with more refurbishments planned early next year.
Can't wait to return in 2014.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delightful 18th century inn located in the picturesque dales village of Romaldkirk amidst unspoilt countryside. This award winning 3 AA red star hotel offers charm and character with a cosy bar, relaxing lounge and beautifully appointed bedrooms. Guest can dine in the 2AA rosette oak panelled restaurant or more informally in the bar. The service is professional yet friendly and the surrounding area offers excellent walking routes, attractions and market towns. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and SpeedyBooker.com so you can book your The Rose & Crown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rose And Crown
- The Rose & Crown Hotel Romaldkirk
- Rose Crown Barnard Castle