24.9.13 travelled from Tyneside on a dreay overcast dull day for lunch following recommendation. It was worth the journey. Beautiful surroundings, good choice of options on menu and of drinks. The four of us in our party couldn't fault the quality and the levels of service. Would return and look forward to seeing the results of proposed plans to open up the small bar and bistro area to enhance the the dining area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delightful 18th century inn located in the picturesque dales village of Romaldkirk amidst unspoilt countryside. This award winning 3 AA red star hotel offers charm and character with a cosy bar, relaxing lounge and beautifully appointed bedrooms. Guest can dine in the 2AA rosette oak panelled restaurant or more informally in the bar. The service is professional yet friendly and the surrounding area offers excellent walking routes, attractions and market towns. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your The Rose & Crown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rose & Crown Hotel Romaldkirk
- The Rose And Crown
- Rose Crown Barnard Castle