I've stayed at this hotel on occasion over the past few years, and while some things have improved (such as the overall cleanliness), the place lacks the attention needed to bring it up to scratch. The gym and pool area were good - it's a nice deep pool so good to swim; sauna, steam room and hot tub were all working well. Changing rooms rather cramped and unloved. The room was clean, bed was comfortable, reasonable range of tea, coffee biscuits etc. The breakfast selection was better than when I last stayed 2 years ago. The hotel is easy to access from the major routes into Cambridge and had plenty of parking space near the main entrance. My only 2 problems were ones I'd encountered previously. Firstly, they offer free wifi, but it's intermittent, sometimes not connecting at all, and at other times cutting out after a few minutes (of simple email, not trying to download a film or anything needing serious bandwidth). Several other guests complained about this when I was checking out, even though the hotel claims 'to have routers on each floor'. The main problem was lack of staff. Checking in on a Sunday evening I arrived just after a party of foreign golfers, who needed lots of attention with passports, translation etc - there was only one receptionist available so a long queue built up. Other members of staff seemed to be in the reception area, but when I asked about getting someone over to help, I was told 'Sorry, I'm not on reception'. The hotel was booked through a central agency, so I wasn't paying personally, but the rates didn't strike me as particularly good value, given the distance from central Cambridge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HALLMARK HOTEL CAMBRIDGE Location Located right on the A14, just a mile from the M11 and 5 miles northeast from the heart of Cambridge, the Hallmark Hotel Cambridge has ample parking, a beautiful golf course, 136 comfy bedrooms, flexible meeting rooms and a lovely health club - it has absolutely everything you need for a successful business trip or relaxing short break in Cambridge. A hotel that has it all Free WiFi throughout. Located just 5 miles from Cambridge city centre Plenty of parking - complimentary when booking your stay direct with the hotel. £10 over night charge otherwise. 136 bedrooms including family bedrooms for up to 5 Brasserie, lounge and bar The Cambridgeshire Golf Course - 18-hole 2 tennis courts, indoor swimming pool, fitness suite and treatment rooms Sauna, steam-room, spa bath Ideal wedding venue for up to 180 guests 10 versatile meeting rooms for up to 200 delegates Sky Sports and BT Sport now available in the bar ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Hallmark Hotel Cambridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Menzies Cambridge Hotel And Golf Club
- Menzies Hotel Cambridge
- Hallmark Hotel Cambridge Bar Hill, England, UK