Stayed here Wednesday 20th February 2013.
This is a very nice hotel, nicely decorated, light and airy. What lets it down unfortunately is the service. Having ordered a meal in the lounge to allow for watching the football on the big screen the staff were clearly under pressure and unfamiliar with their surroundings.They seemed more concerned with receiving payment in advance of the meal. Constant complaints from other guests over delays to their orders accosted me as I was placing my own order. These complaints were unfortunately justified as a simple French Onion Soup and Cheese Omelette took over 90 minutes to arrive and when it did, like the proverbial buses, my starter and main course arrived at the same time! Worse, they were both cold and had clearly been lying for some time despite me enquiring about my order several times prior to eventually being served. Upon talking to the chap behind the bar who also covered off waitering duties, he confirmed a "series of unfortunate events" meant that the staff on duty this evening were all co-opted in from other areas and not the regulars. This is fine if it was a `one-off' but talking to several other regular customers (all now actively looking for alternative accommodation) this is a regular occurence and there is a major disconnect between the kitchen and front of house.Until this hotel sorts out this issue it will continue to leave residents, exhasperated and disappointed. Such a shame as if the service issues/delays can be addressed, everything else should make staying at this hotel a pleasure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hallmark Hotel Cambriddge is Located right on the A14, just a mile from the M11 and 5 miles northeast from the heart of Cambridge. The hotel has ample parking, a beautiful golf course, 136 comfy bedrooms, flexible meeting rooms and a lovely health club - it has absolutely everything you need for a successful business trip or relaxing short break in Cambridge. A hotel that has it all Free WiFi throughout. Located just 5 miles from Cambridge city centre Plenty of parking - complimentary when booking your stay direct with the hotel. £10 over night charge otherwise. 136 bedrooms including family bedrooms for up to 5 Brasserie, lounge and bar The Cambridgeshire Golf Course - 18-hole 2 tennis courts, indoor swimming pool, fitness suite and treatment rooms Sauna, steam-room, spa bath Ideal wedding venue for up to 180 guests 10 versatile meeting rooms for up to 200 delegates Sky Sports and BT Sport now available in the bar ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hallmark Hotel Cambridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Menzies Cambridge Hotel And Golf Club
- Menzies Hotel Cambridge
- Hallmark Hotel Cambridge Bar Hill, England, UK