It was the attention to detail, the wonderfully warm welcome, the feeling that we could have been long lost relatives sharing a meal in the conservatory that won us over. From a very welcome introduction to our lodge, complete with cosy log fire, offer to launder our damp clothes, home-made brownies and little bottle of champers, an umbrella for our short walk for our meal and the wonderful conservatory with hanging baskets of delicate fuschias, orchids and other flowering plants, John and Ann put us at ease as they served a scrumptious meal, including freshly picked salad, with local wines. Advice about the track given in a very friendly, relaxed setting. Breakfast the next morning was delicious as well, with home-made marmalades and jams and preserves. Ann packed a super-sized sandwich in our lunch, with freshly baked muffin. They looked after us so well. Thank you to Ann and John. The best lodge we experienced within both the Queen Charlotte and Routeburn Tracks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mahana Lodge is a modern B&B on the beachfront in Endeavour Inlet. We offer accommodation and meals for people walking the Queen Charlotte Track and for people wanting a few nights of peace and tranquility in the Marlborough Sounds ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Mahana Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mahana Homestead Hotel Picton
- Mahana Lodge New Zealand/Marlborough - Endeavour Inlet