“Superb location.”
other travelers have booked this property
bedroom bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
view north from balcony
a view from garden
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Meander79...
“Superb location.”
Reviewed October 3, 2018 for a stay in September 2018

Very comfortable appartment,with the most stunning views from the balcony of cat bells and the surrounding valley.The owner was very friendly and helpful would definitely stay again.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
nafeesah9...
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Amazing experience!”
Reviewed September 30, 2018 for a stay in September 2018

Definitely will come back again here, excellent service and owner was very helpful and friendly. Amazing views from the balcony and a very comfortable place to stay.

Dave H
“A paradise all to ourselves”
Reviewed September 18, 2018 for a stay in September 2018

We will definitely be staying again and will recommend this apartment to everyone. Arriving to be greeted by free milk and tea, a plum fruit loaf and a cheery hello from the owner we immediately felt at home. The photos on the website do not do the view from the balcony justice ... it is jaw droppingly beautiful and due to the solitary location of the house, you feel like it is all there just solely for you. A great base to go walking, climbing, biking and do watersports from ... all of which we did. Fabulous bathroom to wind down in at the end of an arduous day before enjoying the peace and quiet of the valley below from the balcony. Really comfy and spacious bed so a great nights rest was always to be had.

Tony P
“Excellent accomodation in stunning location”
Reviewed November 7, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Very comfortable, clean, warm and well provisioned apartment in a beautiful part of the Newlands Valley. David, the owner is friendly and helpful and lives in the main house on the site, so is close at hand should there be any problems, which in my case there were none.

The apartment is well positioned for walking in the northern parts of the Lake District, and there are some great pubs nearby offering good food and real ales.

I had a fantastic week's holiday staying here, and am looking forward to returning next year.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Jill B
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Stunning Location; disappointing accommodation”
Reviewed November 4, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

I enjoyed a reasonably comfortable stay at Stoney Gill A. First let me outline the good points: The view and location – stunning, amazing. The Newlands Valley is truly beautiful and this apartment is well placed for Keswick, the Whinlatter Pass, Buttermere, Cat Bells, Causey Pike, well, too many places to mention them all. The apartment was plenty warm enough, but when I was there in early October it was unseasonably warm. Saying that I think it would have been quite warm enough in much colder weather. It was fairly well equipped in the kitchen with good crockery and cutlery. The cooker and hob were excellent, there is a fridge and washing machine/drier. There was easy access to a shared freezer. Storage space in the kitchen and bedroom is excellent; the bedroom has plenty of hangers, hanging space and drawers. The Wi-Fi was intermittent but the signal is shared so at times a bit slow, but – hey – you’ve got Wi-Fi. David, the owner, was helpful and on hand if needed. Superficially this is an excellent apartment. However, there are some not-so-good points and in my opinion it is not very clean. The bathroom sink was clean in the bowl, but the underside of the sink had obviously not been cleaned for some time. There were dried soap suds left on the towel rail. The kitchen washing up bowl was clean inside the bowl but the underside was quite greasy and needed a good clean. Some of the kitchen pans were not clean. The pillows smelled very greasy and in my opinion needed replacing. There was no under pillow-slip. The bed is huge, but for my taste not at all comfortable being far too soft. The duvet was extremely heavy and I found this disturbed my sleep. An absolutely stunning location with easy access to many lovely parts of the Lake District but the lack of cleanliness means I would not return or recommend.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Nov 7, 2017
I am pleased that you enjoyed your comfortable stay in our beautiful valley.
I am disappointed that although we spoke many times during your stay you felt that you couldn't say anything that would allow me the chance to rectify any problems you were experiencing. I cannot comment on your remarks about the sink or washing up bowl etc as it is weeks since you stayed but I am obviously sorry if there were slip-ups during the changeover clean.. however, I do take issue with your opinion on the pillows; they were new, they all have a tightly zipped protective inners and that they and the pillow cases were freshly laundered and ironed (I did it myself).
I have worked hard over the last 14 years to create in StoneyGill a warm comfortable place for visitors; to the extent that of the 35 bookings I have had in 2017 fully 30 have been returning visitors and want to assure any potential new visitors that I will re-double efforts to make sure that the apartment is perfect for your stay.
Maria P
“Lovely appartment”
Reviewed August 29, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

The location was superb and the views of the appartment was the same... The appartment was cozy and confortable.. David was very helpful..!!! The only disadvantage was the shower, the water was running slowly..

Management Response
Aug 31, 2017
Maria! - why didn't you tell me about the shower ... I could have been even more helpful and fixed it .... it's sorted now
Andy B
“4th year running”
Reviewed August 18, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

The title says it all.
So impressed with this place, we just keep coming back.
Views from every window are incredible. The apartment has everything you need for a great stay.
Looking forward to staying again already

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing