All reviewsriver cottagelyme regiswarm welcomefantastic cooked breakfastset in beautiful countrysidehomemade shortbreadbunk bedsb and bfull englisha great staytwo nightsjurassic coastlarge roomeast devonbreakfast roomgood nights sleeplovely location
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Words will not do justice for Kate's place, its amazing! Me and my Fella had been at River Cottage for Lunch, and i had booked us in at Kate's Farm for one night, Driving down all the little winding lanes was alot of fun, we did get a little lost (not thanks to the sat nave) however one call to Kate and she gave me clear directions and we got there in not time arrving at this quaint little cottage farm, Kate came out the front to meet us at the car, introduced herself and took us both in to a roaring open fire and 3 rather cute little dogs, the Room we were in was HUGE! clean, very wam and comfortable! We then went down stairs to a lovely strong pot of tea and some of Kates homemade christmas cake, sat on a comfy sofa by the fire, Kate joined us and we had a good old chat (youd have thought we'd known her for years) We asked where the nearest pub was so i didnt have to drive... She told us... and then offered to take us AND pick us up!!! how many hoteliers do you know that would do that? AND DIDNT CHARGE EXTRA!! we bought Kate a drink at the pub and then off she went while we had food, then picked us back up, We had a night Cap by the fire and then off to bed,
Breakfast was amazing! Fresh eggs and locally sourced meat, cooked to order, and much tea as i could take! over all i cant reccommend Kate's Farm enough, its like going to a 2nd home, a wonderful wonderful women who does an amazing job, We will definatly return here again and again
Thank you for turning our dissapointing day a River Cottage into one of the best UK breaks ever

Kate and Tom

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rossifumi
Reviewed November 19, 2012

A four-night stay whilst Pam enjoyed a two-day cooking course at River Cottage. Sometimes difficult to travel with two English Spinger Spaniels but not here; very welcoming and very accommodating. I spent most days on the beaches with the dogs, Kate even provided litter bags for me (dont' ask' it is just something I do!) when I ran out of my own supply. Fantastic lounge with a great fireplace and roaring fire. Breakfast was excellent and plenty of orange juice (always an indication of a good host). A great place to base yourself for seeing this part of the world; if you have dogs, it is the best place to base yourself. Well done Kate and Ed.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We found this family friendly B&B back in August when we wanted to visit River cottage with our children for my girls birthday. I looked at the accommodation available in the area and no-one would really cater for 2 adults & 3 children and even if they did, the price was well over the top.

I saw the family bedroom displayed at Kates Farm, and thought 'perfect'. On our arrival, Kate was very friendly and wanted to get to know you as a family. There were also dogs there which my kids loved....The bedroom was perfect for the five of us and the children loved the secret area in the fireplace and the bunk beds. Also to make it even better, even though no TV in the bedroom, there was one downstairs and the children could just go and watch it; but not only that there was free Wi-Fi which enable us to watch films via the internet at night time with the children before bed

Breakfast was pre-ordered at night and freshly cooked in the morning when you got up and I felt at home with my grilled full breakfast & fresh cup of coffee. It was real family friendly & I would say that if you wanted a place to stay in that area, get in touch with Kate

Room Tip: Perfect family room which would suit families of 5 and an excellent price for what you get :-)
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Had the most wonderful time here - it's not dog friendly it's dog loving as my friend put it - so right! Kate's Farm is a home from home and has a separate guest lounge with log fire - which was lovely to sit near. There are only a few rooms, so it had such a wonderful family feel and made us all so welcome. Kate has her own three dogs who are adorable and rule the roost, but are exceptionally welcoming and we were soon part of one big pack on a short walk out around the B&B.

It was a perfect stop for Lyme Regis and Axminster, for River Cottage Veg. Homemade breakfast - delicious. Kate's own chickens provided the eggs!

Highly recommended, will most definitely be back when I visit friends in the area! Thank you Kate and family!

Sara and Ernie

Room Tip: All rooms are comfortable, but if you have a dog, then the double downstairs might be best as you have access to the garden easier - and an en suite, but my room upstairs was fabulous - everything you needed.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I simply cannot say enough nice things about Kate's Farm - From our initial enquiry earlier in the year, through the booking process, to our amazing time there this past week, Kate went above and beyond in every area.

Our party consisted of my wife and I, a close friend, and our 3 sausage dogs. It is always potentially difficult to travel with your dogs - many places that claim to be dog-friendly are at best dog-tolerant. Kate's Farm would be better described as dog loving! - Immediately upon our arrival she took the time to welcome the dogs and learn their names and who was staying with who. There was water put down and treats offered right away, and the dogs were made to feel at home from the moment we arrived. Kate has 3 lovely dogs herself called Mayze, Bob and Fearne, and they were introduced to our dogs and we even were invited to go on a walk together with them around some lakes that are close to the farm. It would be impossible to be any more dog friendly than that. On our final day there we wanted to go for lunch at the River Cottage Canteen in Axminster, who do not allow dogs, and Kate was nice enough to offer her services as a dog sitter while we went. This was after we had checked out too! The funny thing is, it never felt as though we were 'checking in' or 'checking out' - it just felt like we were staying with friends or family. It was that comfortable right from the outset.

My wife and I stayed in the garden room, which opens out directly onto the lovely garden, which is of course perfect for traveling with dogs. The room is lovely, clean and has everything you need. En suite shower room with a great power shower - separate toilet and a nice make up table and chair. There was also tea and coffee making facilities and a small fridge with room enough for a few cans or small bottles. In addition there was a nice electric heater and available plug sockets for charging laptops/phones etc. Kate also offers wi-fi and the connection was easy and the speed nice and fast.

Right off of our room was the lounge area with leather sofas, dinning tables (where breakfast is served), a great natural wood burning fire, and a TV connected to all the standard freeview channels. One of the nights we were there we went to a local store and brought back our own picnic type food which we enjoyed at the dining room tables in the lounge. It was just like being in our own homes and anything we needed we simply had to ask. Nothing was a problem.

Breakfast is served each morning with a varied choice including full english, Eggs. Kippers etc - All the food was excellent - eggs fresh from the farm - home-made jams and marmalades - everything you could want. And you could have it at whatever time you wanted.

We are already starting to plan another trip to Kate's farm, and will likely take more of our friends with us, both human and doggie... There is so much to do in the area that 3 days wasn't nearly enough.

If you are staying in this area, or just passing through, I highly recommend that you stay with Kate - you will be glad you did!

Room Tip: All rooms are great - We stayed in the garden room which is probably the best choice if you are traveling with dogs as it opens directly onto the garden. The large family room would be best if you are traveling with children as it has more open space and great bunk beds.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends