We stayed here as we were returning to a city hotel a week later and wanted to spend a bit of time exploring Devonport area. So we got a late-booking discount, and for $125 for two for the night was wonderful value. This included breakfast, (not cooked type,) a welcome glass of wine for 2, and two free ferry tickets to the city, (worth $22 by itself). The room was the largest we had experienced, great night-time view across the harbour to the lights, bridge and Sky Tower, very comfortable bed, good shower, and plenty of room. No night-time noise.
We had a car so had no trouble going up the road for dinner, the hotel is down a long road from the nearest shops, but a public bus does go past. We caught the ferry over to the city and back, and as it was Saturday we had a bit of a tour to a few other ferry stops.
I did not notice the hangover from the building's earlier life as an aged care facility, and was not concerned by some mini-bar items on the kitchen bench,( some other reviewers complaints)
Someone did mention that most of the staff seem to be of Indian origin, that is a plus for me, better service and cleanliness, but the young man on the reception did have a very NZ accent, so there was no concern with communicating, not that we had any complaints.
All in all, a nice place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience 5 Star luxury by the sea in the newest Takapuna Hotel accommodation site. Situated oceanside between Takapuna and Bayswater, this new, fully serviced, boutique apartment hotel will exceed all your expectations. Auckland Takapuna Oaks offers fully self-contained 1 and 2-bedroom luxury apartments, just 10 minutes by complimentary ferry from Auckland City Center / VIADUCT HARBOUR. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the property as well as continental breakfast per person. Lounge access with stunning views across Auckland Harbour is its true unique factor. All guests have complimentary gym usage and a Shuttle Service - to and from the Bayswater Ferry Terminal. Our property is truly something special in Auckland.Auckland Takapuna Oaks offers unique, spacious conference facilities. Offering flexibility and a range of accommodation and catering options to make your next event stand out from the rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Priceline and HRS so you can book your VR Takapuna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auckland Takapuna Oaks Hotel Bayswater
- VR Takapuna Auckland/Bayswater