This was the first place we came to for my parents trip to NZ. We had a 2 bedroom apartment overlooking the city. It was a very impressive view of the skytower and the skyline of the city and my parents were very pleased with my choice. The 2 bedrooms were nice and spacious, 1 with an ensuite and the other had a toilet room next door, which was very handy, but could have done with another shower room. Which on inspection would have fitted into the toilet room very easily. The washing machine was the most complicated thing we have tried to use. Before you even start you have to read a manual. A machine should be easy to use especially when we have better things to do. Im sure there was at least 20 different options on this thing.
The kitchen was large and well equipped. There was alot of storage cupboards, but not really necessary. Instead of all the cupboards, a larger fridge/freezer would have been great as the small fridge was full of beer,spirits and wines, like a mini bar and as a self catering facility we needed space for our food and drinks. A functional hob would have been very nice also. We only had a hot plate and some crazy grill thing that im sure my gran used to have before she got a cooker. We loved the filter coffee. Its so much better than instant, although the instant coffee provided was very good.
The common area of the room was lovely and airy and we had a large balcony that stretched the whole lengh of the apartment. It would have been nice to have a comfy chair to go with the sofa in the lounge. 3 of us sat on the sofa and 1 of us had to sit on a dining room chair. The place is definately big enough for an extra chair.
The common areas of the hotel were nice and there was lots of places to sit. There was computer stations on each floor, we had a small gym, bar area upstairs and the dining room was lovely. The breakfast was like any other. Good basic continental. Breads, spreads, freshly baked pastry items and cereal as well as a morning paper and a good coffee. We didnt try the menu on an evening, but it sounded nice and would be ideal for a person looking for a quick bite if you didnt want to venture into town.
We loved the fact that we got a free return ferry trip to the CBD everyday.This was the main reason we decided to stay here. Close enough to get into town, but far away enough not to have the hassle of traffic and city noise. It was easy to get to Devonport and Takapuna. We really enjoyed the short drive to these places.
We stayed for 5 days and were due to stay another 5 days at the end of our trip, but unfortunately the room we were going back to had a fire. The staff organised for us to stay at Auckland City Oaks, right in the centre of town. Not our first choice for location and to be honest wasnt very good. We were dissapointed we didnt go back to Takapuna Oaks, but we were glad for the speedy organisation of another accommodation in the summer season.
The one thing that stood out for us was the expectional service from the managers and the staff at Takapuna Oaks. It was great and thank you for being helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience 5 Star luxury by the sea in the newest Takapuna Hotel accommodation site. Situated oceanside between Takapuna and Bayswater, this new, fully serviced, boutique apartment hotel will exceed all your expectations. Auckland Takapuna Oaks offers fully self-contained 1 and 2-bedroom luxury apartments, just 10 minutes by complimentary ferry from Auckland City Center / VIADUCT HARBOUR. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the property as well as continental breakfast per person. Lounge access with stunning views across Auckland Harbour is its true unique factor. All guests have complimentary gym usage and a Shuttle Service - to and from the Bayswater Ferry Terminal. Our property is truly something special in Auckland.Auckland Takapuna Oaks offers unique, spacious conference facilities. Offering flexibility and a range of accommodation and catering options to make your next event stand out from the rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your VR Takapuna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auckland Takapuna Oaks Hotel Bayswater
- VR Takapuna Auckland/Bayswater