Marion Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$97
$89
$83
$89
Travelocity
Comfort Inn Anzac Highway(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$79
Seawall Apartments(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$198
$192
Ensenada Motor Inn and Suites(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$68
Agoda.com
Stamford Grand Adelaide(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$161
$99
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Atlantic Tower Motor Inn(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$72
$63
Oaks Plaza Pier Apartment Hotel(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$143
$95
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
All reviewslive musicfree parkinggreat foodpleasant surpriselarge groupdining areafamily and friendsthe pubexcellent servicegaming roomcomfy bedno liftbus stoppokiesaccommodationadelaidemarion
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Access to this hotel from Adelaide is via M44 Bus. Bus Stop 24. The bus stop for south bound travel is outside the hotel. The bus stop for buses to the city is across the street. In peak hours the road is very busy and can be hazardous. The nearest light-controlled crossing is a 100metres or so to the south. Taxi from the airport is $A30. A more scenic route to the airport is via Marion Centre and Glenelg Interchange. was tested. For seniors its $A2.50 each way.

The hotel has 12 rooms for accomodation upstairs. Bedrooms contain usually two single or one double bed. An interconnecting door is available to cater for both combinations. Bedrooms are not large, but the beds are comfortable.. The rooms and bathrooms are meticulously clean. The bisto dinning room is adjacent to the casino on the other side of the dividing bar. Meals including breakfast cater for most tastes at reasonable prices.

The hotel has a well patronised entertainment area, but our experience was not compromised by exessive noise.

A good place to stay off campus for the Flinders University or Flinders Medical Centre.

Wifi was a bit iffy, but we were shown table 3 in the Bistro where it worked fine. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank zambuc
Jenny H, Owner at Marion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thanks for you lovely review - will need to follow up on WiFi

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We just wanted an overnight stay in the southern suburbs of Adelaide, in order to be close to our destination early the following morning. The room was small, but comfortable and very clean. Bathroom very tiny but overall everything was adequate for our needs. Food in the dining room downstairs was excellent. No lift up to the rooms, only stairs, but this is not a problem generally.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shirlbur

Thank you for your review - look forward to seeing you again sometime

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Exactly what you expect! Close to hospital and shopping centre. Nothing flash but all that we needed.
Food in the dinning room was fantastic, best fish (whiting) I've found across S.A.
Reception staff could not be more helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank aussieriddles

Thank you for your review - hopefully the front office staff will more friendly next time you stay with us

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed two nights and found the place to be average. The sign at reception says free wifi Internet but there's no Internet to be found unless you hang around the lobby. The following is a letter that I sent to them after my stay there. It pretty much sums up the experience.

Well, thanks for nothing! I stayed at your hotel for 2 nights and paid cash (saving you the VISA fee) and unfortunately left a book behind that my wife gave me for my birthday. It turns out that this book is worth around $30. I called your reception and was told that it was there but it seemed that it was going to be a hassle and the "boss may not be happy about somebody having to go to the post office". Really? I just got the card in the mail today that it was sent COD with a $21 pick up fee! This book would have cost no more than $5 for you to send which is around the fee that I saved you by paying cash. I could have given you this $5 with my VISA card over the phone By the way, I worked it out that the book was left there on my first nights stay and not mentioned to me when I booked later on for the second night. Again, thanks for nothing!
Ivan

There you have it, where has the service gone these days? $200 worth of business and no customer service for it. My ne t stay in Adelaide will not be at the Marion. There are other places for around the same price with excellent service...try Hotel Minima in North Adelaide.

Room Tip: No Internet whatever room you get even though they claim that it's there. Bathroom somewhat outdated but overall clean. Basically a room with an open bathroom design. Views are crap...looking out over the rooftop.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Maplegum

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. I will follow up re the WiFi. We are definitely not a 5 star property and I think our price reflects that. Our rooms were recently renovated although I admit our bathrooms are very clean and functional but dated - but did you find the bed comfortable?

Reviewed May 19, 2012

We stayed at this place for 1 night on our way to Adelaide airport. Easy 20 minutes drive. Rooms are upstairs with no lift; pretty basic. Bed was comfy and room was clean, but bathroom was pretty small. Also, it was a bit noisy as rooms are above bar and bistro. Free Wi-Fi. Our only complaint is regards the payment: we booked this hotel via booking.com and although you provide your credit card details for pre authorization, you don’t expect the hotel to deduct the full amount in advance on the day of the booking; rather on your check in or check out! Be aware!

Room Tip: Be awrae that payment is on your booking day!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hershie

Thank you for your review - we are aware of an error made with your payment and ensure it doesn't happen - we know we are not 5 star but we aim to give 5 star service!!