“Didn't meet expectations” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Banting
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Didn't meet expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed for one night on a public holiday weekend in early November.
First,the front desk staff were polite and helpful. At check in time, there was a long queue. When it was our turn, the staff apologised for the wait (waiting time was about 15 minutes). He was cheerful and had a pleasant personality. Quite hassle free, expect the fact that out studio room wasn't ready( this was at 2.30pm) as the previous occupant hadn't checked out! The staff told us to return 45 minutes later. He also took down our contact number in case the room was made available sooner. When asked it we could have another room, he reported that it was full occupancy in the resort that day.
Second, the studio room on the 1st floor facing the theme park was VERY spacious. It had just been cleaned by the house-keeping staff, so the tiled floor was still wet. Bathroom and balcony were spacious too. That was a plus point for me. A mini bar, although nothing inside, coffee/tea makings facilities and adequate bathroom supplies came with the room. The bed was very comfortable.
The downside was I found remnants of junk food and hair from previous occupants under the sheets. Also, the air-con wasn't functioning well. Although it could be turned on, but it wasn't cool. Thank goodness there was a 4 blade ceiling fan in the room to keep us cool.
Another disappointment was that there were no were bath towels provided. We tried calling the operator 3 times but no one answered. So my hubby had go downstairs to the front desk to request for towels..to our frustration, it took 40 minutes for someone to deliver them to us. During that time, we saw some housekeeping staff cleaning other rooms, so we asked them if they could provide us with fresh towels. Negative. The reason they gave put us off- it wasn't their duty to clean up our room, so they couldn't give us towels from their fresh supplies! Still no one came up with our towels and my hubby had to go down AGAIN to request for them. This time, a pleasant man at the front desk gave us the assurance that he would personally come up with our towels in hand. Sure enough, hardly 5 minutes later he brought up the towels and apologise profusely for the delay and trouble caused.
The last thing which made me give 3 stars for this review is that our bathroom had FLOODED, both when we took showers and used the jacuzzi. The water just didn't flow into the drainage pipes immediately. They must have been terribly clogged! When I used the otherwise functioning jacuzzi, water leaked out of the tub and made the bathroom floor all wet. We reported this matter to the night staff, who said he would sent someone up to check out the matter. Well, during our stay, no one showed up. Hopefully they'll see to it.

On another note, the food served in the restaurant was good. Adequate variety and spacious layout. The dining area was so so. On Sunday morning there was a huge crowd, probably because a family day outing by a certain company was taking place at that time. So the dining area filled up very fast and some families even had to share tables, while some others were told to wait and weren't allowed into the restaurant as there weren't any seats left.

The theme park was average but it would be lovely for kids. The water isn't very deep and the slides are better suited for the young ones. As in-house guest, we had unlimited use of the theme park. Outsiders pay RM35 for an adult ticket, which is a little steep considering there are hardly any rides for thrill seekers.

OK for a short getaway.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the theme park are quieter but the view isn't as nice as the one facing the the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Indonesian first
Sri Kembangan, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Went here for a quick RnR after convinced by the missus and as her friend are coming here as well.
Booked a room for a night, comes with the water park admission, dinner and breakfast coupon.
The location is quite far from the city, 60km from KL and using mostly kampung road which quite refreshing with the sceneries.
The parking area can be full at peak time and you might need to park your car outside of the hotel compound due to visitors to the water park but once night comes and the water park closes, you can park inside.
The room is good and spacious. i go a jacuzzi in the bathroom and its working (a lot of hotel i went which have jacuzzi but not working) and the view is facing the water park and sea. at night due to event helds the noise can becomes unbearable but the drapes are quite a sound absorber, nice!
the main attraction is the water park which for family with kids, its serve its purpose. for people looking for a little thrill, you will be disappointed as the rides are not enough to gives you your adrenaline fix. Its good enough for kids and for me, its enough.
Overall, i think i will come again with my friends, having some sort of reunion or gathering over the sea side.

Room Tip: if you want to have quiet time, ask for the room NOT facing the water park. If you like to watch pe...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank IbrahimRabani
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I went to this place on Wednesday for 1 night with my hubby using a Groupon voucher i purchased earlier. It was an hour journey since we live in Seremban. We arrived there around 2pm and was able to check in immediately. I guess maybe it was a normal weekdays and not during school holidays. The first thing i checked once i entered the room was the bathroom. It was clean enough for me and i love the jacuzzi as i think it big enough for me & hubby to dive in :). The room is well equipped with the amneties (refrigerator, kettle etc). The room is spacy and the balcony was facing the theme park. We got the room in the first floor so if you open the sliding door definately you will hear the children/kids having fun in the pool.However, there is no phone in the room so we can't call if we need anything.
I bought the voucher inclusive of breakfast & dinner. Both are good, lots of choices, well served and quite tasty. Very satisfied about this. By the way, during our stay, the Korean restaurant and the pier were closed. I'm not sure the reason but i assume they only open it on the weekend. I didn't ask the staff either.
Overall opinion, the place is good for family with kids as they can enjoy themselves at the theme park. The beach is not suitable for swimming though but it has a beautiful view during sunset.

Room Tip: I you prefer quiet environment and better view of the sea maybe you should ask for upper level.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Yong O
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

In:17 Oct, out 19 Oct: I brought 2 vouchers from Groupon to make it 3D2N stay including 1 birthday package. I did not read any review before I make the purchase and endup its made worried for 3 weeks till the actual day I check-in. It takes about 4hrs from Johor Bahru to resort with relax driving speed and the location is just easy to access by GPS. I reached there about 2pm and the hotel staff are very friendly to welcome us and being helpful to open the door for us. When I go to the reception, I straight away given the room key to check in after presented teh Groupon vouchers and booking confirmation (the staff very friendly and well explained the buffet serving time to me). The room is clean and feel fresh with a big bathroom and the best thing is the jacuzzi...is working well for my whole family (2 adult & 2 kids)! Water theme park just big enough for me to play with my kid & the 16 mths toddler. There are a lot of life guard station at each section. So far breakfast & dinner buffet also well served, refill is fast! Again, the waiters are all friendly and clean the table quickly. At night...we just rest peacefully till the next morning! The cleaning staff is very helpful to provide room cleaning and top up all the necessary on the 2nd day of our stay. In overall, we are satisfied with the 3D2N stay, especially for my two kids, they are very enjoy! With the price paid (RM198+268) for 2 nights stay + 4 buffet meals for the whole family, I think you can't find from elsewhere...

Room Tip: In order to have a relax and hassle free holiday, you should choose to go on weekday (eg:check out o...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank FanLim
JB
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

The housekeeping service is not efficiency or systematic.
We check in around 3pm. However, our room is still no yet clean or tidy.
the room doesn't provide the phone. so, we cant calling to the operator.
we need to go housekeeping office to tell them about this problem.
the staff are unfriendly and keep ask us be patient but we already wait more than 2 hours after we request them to clean the room.
Besides, the hair dryer is malfunction.
this is unpleasant experience for me...
the room wifi is not available too.
although they provide hall wifi access, but we cant enjoy it due on poor connectivity.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Banting hotels

Melaka, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

i went there with my friends lately.
1st, i checked in at 3 pm, however, until 4pm i just manage to get my keys. Getting the room key doesn't mean anything, as i reached the room, i found the room was messy, the bathroom was dirty. I've went to room service department, the workers there keep saying, we'll do the cleaning soon, however, until 5pm they also din come to clean. After i went for a walk at beach, come back again at 6pm, the room just cleaned.
2nd, the theme park was too small and not many entertainment there.
3rd, the buffet breakfast there kinda disappointed for lack of choices.

Room Tip: next time, if willing to go at weekdays, never ever choose at sunday.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ping26
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Check in at 3 pm. About 60 people lining up at the lobby just to get the room keys and only 1 single counter is open...?
2nd, we checked in a room that was not even cleaned up yet at 345pm already. Wanted to use the phone to call the reception or the room services, no answers at all and no numbers provided to call the room services. Have to go outside the room look for the room services your self to get the room cleaned yourself.
3Rd.. Having lunch at the lobby s restaurant, the waiter couldn't understand Malay or English at all. But, the food was very good that I can't denied it.
Last thing is the room itself is very big and good.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank innova2723
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banting
Hotel Impian Morib
Seri Malaysia Bagan Lalang Sepang
Seri Bayu Resort
Seri Bayu Resort
#9 of 13 in Sepang

Been to Gold Coast Morib International Resort? Share your experiences!