“poor service”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Banting
Melaka, Malaysia
“poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

i went there with my friends lately.
1st, i checked in at 3 pm, however, until 4pm i just manage to get my keys. Getting the room key doesn't mean anything, as i reached the room, i found the room was messy, the bathroom was dirty. I've went to room service department, the workers there keep saying, we'll do the cleaning soon, however, until 5pm they also din come to clean. After i went for a walk at beach, come back again at 6pm, the room just cleaned.
2nd, the theme park was too small and not many entertainment there.
3rd, the buffet breakfast there kinda disappointed for lack of choices.

Room Tip: next time, if willing to go at weekdays, never ever choose at sunday.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ping26

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Indonesian first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Check in at 3 pm. About 60 people lining up at the lobby just to get the room keys and only 1 single counter is open...?
2nd, we checked in a room that was not even cleaned up yet at 345pm already. Wanted to use the phone to call the reception or the room services, no answers at all and no numbers provided to call the room services. Have to go outside the room look for the room services your self to get the room cleaned yourself.
3Rd.. Having lunch at the lobby s restaurant, the waiter couldn't understand Malay or English at all. But, the food was very good that I can't denied it.
Last thing is the room itself is very big and good.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank innova2723

Travelers are raving about these Banting hotels

Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

We booked a 2 bedroom apartment in Gold Coast Resort Morib, Banting and paid a total RM522.00 in total through agoda. It's one of my worst decision in life by choosing Gold Coast Resort Morib as one of my travel destination! It should be my 1st and the last time by visiting this resort. I greatly regret for not taking most of the tripadvisor users' previous review about the bad impression and comment about this resort and place. In my opinion, the good thing about this resort is only the mini water theme park if in comparison with the swimming pool of any 3 or 4 star normal hotel. If you really want me to rate this hotel, I think it should be 2.5 star, the hotel services even worse than those budget hotel; for example, this hotel doesn't provide wifi in the room, can you imagine a water theme park doesn't provide any tower? The worse part is the hotel can only provide the in house towers after 7pm even though we checked in at 3pm. The management knew these so they don't even provide the house phone for us to log in our request or complain.? Isn't it worse than the budget hotel in term of in-house serivces? The management of this resort should take full responsibility about this. The beach is no way if in comparison to any eastern beaches in our West Malaysia, please forget this if you expect to have the beatiful beach experience, no wonder the Groupon is offering the special rate of RM198.00 for this resort. Most people we met here today very disappointed about this resort, actually I can also write a lot of bad things about this resort. Personally it's my worst experience of Malaysian resort hotel in term of value and money. Dear Gold Coast Resort Morib managment, it seem like yours till today haven't made any improvement, please treat tourist like us fairly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Benny C
Muar, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

It wasn't a welcome greeting to arrive in our room to find cobwebs flying down from the fan when we switched it on): Also the lampshade and cabinets had layer of dust! Room was poorly maintained.
The plus side is the surrounding resort feel with lovely huts and its beach...

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Aixi9876
Penang Island, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

This hotel is close to the beach, very dated and it's out of the way to anything else . Would help if you have a car. I could not get accustomed to the flies buzzing in the lobby . The floors and corridors are constantly wet due to the water theme park. Having said that I understand the attraction if you have kids with you and they can be well entertained in the park within the resort. My room was comfortable enough overlooking the park area and I had a jacuzzi in my room. I did not try it out though. I was not happy with the staff at reception as I felt they could have been more receptive and seen to my needs as I arrived early and check in was strictly at 3pm. I would recommend this resort only if you come as a family with kids and have your own transport.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Ladybeans
Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was looking for a quick gateway from the stressful city life and looking for a place which is near and secluded with no sight of the city.

I found this through the website and went straight to purchase it on offer @ RM198.00. I did not set a high expectation as it was mainly to have a quick breather.

Upon arrival, my first impression was as expected and nothing to shout about. The room was decent, the bathroom had a Jacuzzi and by the way, the coil for the electric kettle was too short to reach the power point. You need to elevate the kettle with something. There were tea sachets but no coffee. For a coffee lover like me, it was a downer. Fortunately, I brought along my own coffee supply (we never know).

My room view was facing the lush greenery... perhaps its good for someone like me... who is in dire need to be close to nature. Perhaps for those coming with children, the theme park view would be a better choice.

I took a stroll to the beach towards evening and it was a welcome break from constantly being stuck in KL's traffic jam. The open air bar which is slightly extended into the beach was a lovely backdrop against the sea view and as I walked further towards the sea, the sight of the resort do look 'spectacular' especially when captured on photos.

When it was time for dinner, there was actually an overwhelming crowd and we had to be waited for about 5 minutes. That was fine... it did not spoil my evening. There was an array of food and for the price I paid, it was reasonable and I must say.... quite appetizing. Must try: Nimono Korean soup. Room for Improvement: Cordial drink had a highly chlorinated taste

After our dinner, we took a stroll to the beach again and this time decided to hang out at the bar and sat in one of the open air chalet-like shade,.. just enjoying the evening sea breeze blowing against our faces.... some flock of birds flying across the sea banks... watch the faraway ship, some highly lighted.

I retired to bed satisfied.

Morning came and we had breakfast at the beach and it was fun and casual.(something must be done about the flies, though).

We then headed for the theme park... had some fun and then finally it was time to pack and leave.

I am glad I did not read the review before I came. If you are looking for exceptional service, Mauritius type of gateway etc this may not be the place but as for me as an overall, my trip to Morib Gold Coast has served its purpose.

Room Tip: Decide on the view first before you come.. there are those facing the greenery and those facing the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Ibanqueen
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I just came back from this place filled with anger and annoyance from the pathetic service and attitude of the resort staffs.

I had bought a 2D1N package (by published rate) through their website online, which cost RM 290 ++ (inclusive tax) for a short family vacation with my wife and our 5month old son. It was a bad decision to try out this place which is secluded and it took one and half hour drive from KL. If I had browsed the trip advisor review earlier, I would have abandoned the idea of trying out this place.

When I checked in at the counter today, the receptionist denied me from the complementary dinner buffet which was clearly stated in their website; they were clueless about the offer:
which I have pasted here from the website- FREE Dinner (Buffet/Set) for 2 person (worth RM80) on weekdays (Sun to Thu)
They even told me complementary buffet dinner is only reserved for those buying vouchers from Living social (the voucher only cost RM 198). That truly annoyed me and I've asked them to check their website which they were reluctant. Surprisingly, the print out booking summary slip which I brought along did not even mention about complimentary meal for breakfast or dinner.

Then the receptionists whispered among themselves in Malay language saying: give the complementary buffet dinner voucher since I'm so annoying to them; I overheard and I replied in Malay language: I'm not begging for that and I'm just asking for what is supposed to be given as according to the offer written; That spoiled my mood.

Then the staff gave me the access card to the room no: 2436 without explaining to me the direction and exact floor. The resort has only about 12 floors, no 24 floors; The number 2436 actually meant - 2nd block, 4th floor, room 36; as I was searching for my room, I saw another room no: A2436;
My room 2436 is a few rooms away from it; When I opened the room, I was totally annoyed - the room hasn't been cleaned and it was already 4pm. I tried using the room's phone and it wasn't functioning. I had to go to the lobby again to inform the receptionist and they diverted me to their assistant manager, Ira Yana.

The lady told me that I've to wait for another 2 hours till 6pm for the room to be ready because the housekeeping staffs are busy. That ticked me off because I've to clean my baby who has just pooed and need a proper place to washout and sleep.
While I was waiting for them to attend to my problem, there were another 4 customers having multiple complaints lining behind me.

I left the resort and demand them for full refund of what I've paid for.

There are plenty for water resort with better facility and service than this pathetic place. I've enjoyed wonderful stay in Port Dickson Avilion, Sunway Hotel and Lagoon and many more.

YOU CAN JUDGE THE PATHETIC CONDITION BASED ON REVIEWS GIVEN IN THIS WEBSITE.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank michaelbzy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banting
Bata Merah Boutique Hotel
Tune Hotel KLIA 2
Tune Hotel KLIA 2
#4 of 13 in Sepang
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,714 reviews

Been to Gold Coast Morib International Resort? Share your experiences!