“A Very Good Deal For Family”

Gold Coast Morib International Resort
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Banting
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife has bought a famliy package at Gold Coast Morib (via groupon.my) for one night stay. The package price is only RM 150. It's included 1 studio-like room, buffet for dinner and breakfast for two and not to forget theme park entrance fee for two.

Overall the package is really worth it. We were given a room on level 3 with pool view. My little son was so excited but he even more excited when seeing a private jacuzzi in our room.

The water theme park is well manage and very very suitable for child.

But the were also some downturn especially for the room service. i only got my towel after my dinner.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for room with pool view... especially in level 3 and 4. It's the best
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank suffian

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I don’t usually write reviews but I was moved to do such for this particular resort. We are very disappointed and displeased with our recent stay at the Gold Coast Morib on 23-24 February as we feel that the resort does not take a) service quality seriously but more importantly b) safety of the rooms in the hotel. We stayed at a 3 bedroom apartment, which cost about RM638 net after tax. It was from a holiday to tragedy for us when our five year old son got injured after the sliding glass shower door of the master bedroom shattered while he was taking a shower. It would not make sense for after 5 year old boy closes the door for the door to break into pieces like that… and if there are any allegations that he was unattended in the toilet, my wife was also in it. He got injured on the left arm, left leg and some cuts on the back as well as the hands. His injury on the arm had to be stitched around 5-7 stitches as it was too deep. This was attended at the local district hospital, which was 15-20 minutes away. We were then given a replacement room later that evening. That’s basically what happen… keeping in short. What we are mainly unhappy about:

a) The safety aspect seems like not the priority of the resort. The same toilet replacement room, had no glass door but there were pieces of glasses that shows it broke before. Question if this had happened before, why these glass doors in other rooms were not taken out
b) The duty manager only came that night to check on us… besides offering to bring for a second opinion clinic, which there was not a really a need cause everything was settled, offering whether we wanted to file for insurance claims, which they should have handled for us and out of courtesy asking what else they could do (which we were trauma, a proactive measure was to offer things that they can do)… that was it. The next morning, no one from the hotel came to check on us especially on the condition of my son… we even checked out as per other guests… and yes… we paid in full for the room that caused the accident to our son.

c) We wrote a official complaint letter to the resort, which we sent via email on 25 February 2013 as well as the physical letter… we have not even get an email response that they have receive our complaint.

This is our share of experience at this resort and we don’t plan to go there ever again, at least with this management and room facilities. It is not for us to discourage you to go… it’s your choice.. go with your eyes wide open.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
16  Thank WanNajib
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I got different experiance compare with others maybe quit lucky for us. I got my key in 5 minutes, my room at 1st flr facing to themepark, it was very clean with complete facilities and also got babycoat as my request.One of my bath light spoil so i call maintanance, in 5 minutes my problem solve.Their staff also help us to carry out our bag from our car.About their food..yes it really worst..better u go outside further up to morib beach around 3 minutes u can see many food stall which is much better & also cheap!..themepark price quit expensive coz its like normal pool..suitable for kids not so extreme & i thing should give free for enter. If u want to relaxing yes should go here otherwise it will be boring vacation coz there is no place around that u can go.

3  Thank ayeinrayyan
Reviewed January 31, 2013

brought my wife for honeymoon on her birthday... But spoiled our holiday... Check in was waited for 20 minutes... 1st got room with no hot water, Maintanace came check and informed to change room... 2nd room got on twin bed even for honeymooner... Then hot water in 2nd room cant control and jacuzzi ooo... Walk back to reception and informed to fix it... After back from my lunch, the maintanance did some maintanance work andlave the jacuzzi dirty... Tried to call reception telephone ooo... Called thru mobile to reception, spoken to an assistant manager iera who cant even take any decision, said will send housekeeping staff to clean up and the said the telphone line is in problem... We are for holiday or rectify the hotel issue... Really screwed up my vacation... Try to c/out but asst man said its impossible as paid my cc... Now we are in the room waiting for the manager to call me.. My total vacation was screwed up...

• Stayed: February 2013
6  Thank vinodthedon
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

With the room rate rm300++ its not reasonable at all...! Service are terrible...no towel. Call 5 times for it & they sent the towels at 9pm..9pm...! Food was ok. Nice beach...nice view. Theme park was ok except for the lifeguard behaviour. Hey..its childrens theme park...dont act like a gangster! No smile at all at most of the slide. Booked a queen bed wt theme park view but given 2 single bed wt the pet food factory view...! I'll think twice if i wanna repeat my stay there... Most of the Hotel staff not friendly... PLEASE READ MOST OF THE COMMENT IN TRIPADVISOR...TO THE HOTEL MGMT...PLEASE IMPROVE...PLEASE SUPERVISE & GIVE TRAINING TO YR STAFF...!!!

9  Thank AdilaHoney
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Sorry to say. The check in was slow, and room service is very poor! I called for an iron, towel and stuff for a million times but no response.
You know what they said? "sorry, we served from floor to floor so if u were in the highest floor, u need to wait for our staff to come."
What is that? So basically if u were the first person to call, but then u were in the highest, u will be the last person to received it.
The dinner, those who didnt have the coupon need to be charged with rm40. Quite expensive, then u know what? They served us 'air paip' lol. If the food is finished, they will not replace it. Whoever came late, they are no food left for them.
P/s: the staff is not friendly.

7  Thank Bzeppelin
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Overall this resort is really fun for those who bring along with their kids... kids are really enjoy with the water theme park located inside this resort. Room wise... yes.. very clean and spacious.. really enjoy with the jacuzzi too. Regarding the stench smell the other people commented, it was there when we arrived around 11am.. but suprisingly.. it is gone after 3pm onwards till we check out the next day.. and about the food... i can just said it is so so... and yes.. a lot of flies here and there... anyway.. we enjoy the stay as the kids are enjoyed themself very much...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ahyiau
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banting
Hotel Impian Morib
#3 of 6 in Banting
Hotel Centum
Hotel Centum
#5 of 25 in Klang

Been to Gold Coast Morib International Resort? Share your experiences!