“It is Bad!”

Gold Coast Morib International Resort
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Banting
“It is Bad!”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I've visited this resort during weekend. Smelly resort (with some weird smell, I am serious), out of electricity for 30 minutes at night, jacuzzi not functioning and lousy breakfast. The room can be rated at 1 or 2 star but one thing need to compliment is their toilet. It is spacious, and the toiletry is complete. However, i will not visit this hotel again because overall i had a bad experience staying here. One point to add, dont expect the beach. It is very smelly and dirty. There is a bar located above the sea. The concept is good and the environment not really bad.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
19 Thank Rain0129

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore
Reviewed April 2, 2012

CONS-

ACCOMMODATION:

- Although we have confirmed the booking, when we reached the hotel at 7pm, the suite is NOT READY and we have to wait for an hour. Never offered us to seat or given any drink while waiting. Sour cold face..no smile..nothing

- Booked 3 bedrooms suite prior to arrival. Was promised by the reservation staff, that we would get a suite with a master room with 1 king bed, 2nd room with 2 single beds & 3rd room with 1 single bed. Was also promised that all 3 bedrooms suite facing the sea and LCD TVs both in the living room & the master room. Nope! Nothing as promised. TOTAL MISLEADING! Where on earth would a master room comes with 02 single beds? LOL! and no LCD tv in the master room.. and the suite faces a parking lot! Great!
I called and spoke to the front office manager. Explained the whole story on how her staff promised this & that but guess what the manager told me?.. Well, maybe her staff gave wrong info and the manager kept on insisted that there is no 3 bedroom suite where the master room comes with a king bed and no sea view as well. I was so furious with everything and decided to change the 3 bedrooms suite to 02 units of Balinese Studio Suite which is much more cheaper and comes with a king bed and the other unit comes with 02 single beds and get a better view of the water park.... LOL! ...another Big mistakes..one after another...

And when I say BIG MISTAKE..this time it means that whatever we sees in their website, everything are total misleading! Why? Coz when I checked with their website, the studio suites looks grand with a four poster beds and the photos in that website looks so nice. But when we checked in... the nightmare starts!

- The door lock is not working, you can lock the door when you are outside but it takes several times to swap the card to open the door. At times, we need to go up & down to the reception counter, just to change the key-card and its annoying. And when you are inside, wallah! You cannot lock the door as there is no extra security lock and the actual lock from the inside is missing!

- In the website, the Balinese Studio suite comes with a four poster bed..but nehhh.. when inquire about this.. the manager specifically informed that there is no such bed and instead all they can offer is the normal king bed. The condition of the room was so lousy. Bed is freaking hard. No extra pillow. One bed equals to 2 pillows only. LCD tv comes with normal channels..no Astro satellite channels. No iron & iron board, No carpet..expect to walk on a cold tile flooring. Hair dryer is missing in the other room.
Jacuzzi is the most hilarious... slow water pressure..you need to wait for almost an hour to fill up the tub!..Water pressure was sooooo slow as well in the shower. The sink was faulty, end up wetting the floor through out the stay..its either you shut the main water supply that is located just beside your main door to the room or end up having a Jacuzzi on the floor as well! Basic toiletries given. Mini fridge is not working and empty. The balcony was too close facing the other room. There is no privacy at all.. you can always see all the 'happenings' on the next room! Gosh!

FOOD:

Breakfast... wowwwww... you do not want to have their breakfast.. Why? It was a total disaster.. I have never been to any hotel's coffee house where the breakfast spread is like being thrown everywhere instead of properly served & prepared. Its like being ransacked! Im so speechless! The food serve was a total mediocre, sad, pathetic & tasteless.. so tasteless that you have to force your self to either swallow it all up or end up hungry later as there is no nearby outside restaurant that you could have a good meal. We totally DO NOT enjoy the breakfast. :(

Dinner... again, its wooooowwwww... funny and hilarious.. my family decided to have a dinner at the hotel restaurant as it is too far to drive to the nearest outside restaurant. Despite of our lousy breakfast experience, we thought that why not.. lets try their dinner. So we went ahead to the coffee house. Being stopped at the cashier counter at the main door. Told the staff that we would like to see the buffet before making decision. One of the staff told me that only one person is allowed to go in. So I left my entire family outside and went in. For MYR41 nett/persons, nothing much was offered but thinking that everyone are hungry..I said ok, lets have our dinner here.. The minute when we wanted to go inside the restaurant, the staff told us to pay our dinner in advance. We have not being seated and they asked us to pay in advance? LOL...Thats does it.. we told them..keep your food, we will spend our money elsewhere. And we've made a wise decision. Next time, head to Banting, look for Pak Li Kopitiam.. the food are amazingly delicious and cheap too! Thank God!

Was told earlier that there are two food & beverage outlets..but when we went to THE PIER.. the so called restaurant by the beach..offered nothing than drinks and sad looking snacks.. no live band performance as mentioned. The staff did not bother to great anyone..they just seat at one of the huts and chat like they are having a holiday there..

SURROUNDING:

- You WILL notice a bad smell comes out from a fertilizer factory that located right across the hotel on the opposite land. Early morning and late in the evening are the worst time for you to sit outside. Even if you close the balcony sliding door, the smell is too thick..the air-cond couldn't filter that filthy smell! So, do not forget to bring an air -freshener along.

The only PRO in this hotel, I would rate the water theme park at 7/10. Great for kids but could get boring for adults as not many are offered except the water-slides.. the washrooms are located at the far end of the theme park.. not enough seats & shades.. not enough safety.. the floor was too slippery..I saw a kid cuts his knee very bad when he had a seriously fall. Not sure what happened to the boy later..

You are asking..did I ever made any complains to all the above.. Yes, I did... BUT THEY COULDN'T CARE LESS...from the staff to the management.. THEY DONT CARE..

My overall conclusion for this stay-

Do not expect very much on the accommodation, food & service..it was a miserable stay and they mislead you.... Despite all that..your kids will enjoy the water theme park.

They proud to say that they are offering 5 stars service & facilities... ahahahahahahahahaha... what a joke..!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
30 Thank frequentflyerz

Travelers are raving about these Banting hotels

KL
Reviewed March 23, 2012

This is what i experience, reach there 1) wrong room key given can't access room, 2) wrong room given 2 bed instead of 1 king bed and view to parking instead of beach view, 3) toilet water does flush properly water stagnant 4) jacuzzi not working, 5) door lock can lock but can't open, 6) water boiler non stop boiling, 7) Bed uneven very thin on both left and right side and very noisy sound when seat on bed or turn, 8) TV have no astro, 9) when we went for dinner the service counter mention today don't have buffer so we only choose from menu for 1 meal and 1 drink. Food is normal very disappointed 9) toilet is way to far either you walk to the water park area which is 40-50 walk from restaurant or walk to next building. Looks like they never have enough toilet available. Overall after we call several times and complaint they manage to fix door, jacuzzi, change water boiler.

Room Tip: all room location follow the second number of the room number eg. 2234 mean second floor, if 2344 me...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
14 Thank ngwl
Reviewed March 17, 2012

i had booked this resort via everday.com coupon which offered 50% off from the original price, cost me RM200 per studio suite + breakfast + dinner + themerpark entrance for 2 ppl. came here with my friend and his couple, so i booked 2 suites for one night.
Pros:
1. the room is spacious with jacuzzi
2. room clean n tidy
3. the beach quite clean
4. lobby service is good
5. security is good ( anyone going to enter the resort during night time need to show room card at security guard post)

cons:
1. Very not convenience for those without own transport ( no public transport around)
2. theme park is more for children than adult
3. the water flow to the room is slow, took about 40 mins to fill up my jacuzzi.
4. The air-con temperature is fix, no remote able to adjust the temperature.
5. the beach kind of small, and the water is dirty ( brownish)
6. restaurant capacity unable to cope up the crowd, long queue before your turn.
7. other attractions is far from the resort, nearest took at least 20 mins.
8. no swimming pool

summary:
if the price maintain rm 200/room = breakfast + dinner + theme park, then i might go there again.
but, if rm406....then not worth it....

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
12 Thank cpting
malaysia
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Stayed a night and encountered many ants in the room. There are two types of ants, a big black and a small red. There are on the floor, on the bed and on the toilet floor, they crept up onto you while you were sitting to pass motion. I spent many hours studying them and destroying them instead of sleeping.

The room is rather big in size and moderate clean as there is wooden floor board. However, there were stains on the bed sheets and pillow covers and the toilet has urine stain too. Overall, the room is clean. I guess it is less than a year old (about 9 months) but the way the Management is keeping this hotel, I believe it gets worse after a year.

Nothing much to do in Morib. The beach is muddy, dirty and stink. There is a water theme park, suitable for children only. I don't think any adults would like it if you see it. Food is lousy and it was one of the worst I had for breakfast. I struggled to gobble them as there is no shop beside and nearby to this hotel. There is only a factory (animal feedmill factory) opposite this hotel. The nearest place for a decent meal like seafood lunch or dinner is at Tanjong Sepat, 18km about 20 min drive from this hotel. Did not see any public transport at all.

If you have nothng to do, nowhere to go and maybe would like to study about insects, do come and spend a night or more here. Besides the ants, the mosquitoes and sandfly are equally interesting.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
14 Thank clchin96
Selangor, Selangor, Malaysia
Reviewed March 4, 2012

breakfast n dinner so bad! customer service are so terrible! terrible!! so bad!!! my room jakuzzi is broken already , cannot repair!! and do not change a new room to me!! i loss my cloth at there say can not find it!! i so sad, i so regret choose this hotel !! waste my money and waste my time!!!

Room Tip: dont want go is better
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
15 Thank che0ng
Reviewed February 22, 2012

After reading the negatives reviews in Tripadvisor, I was quite worried about our coming holiday in this resort. We chose this resort because of its water theme park as my 2 years old son came along. Perhaps it was off peak season, to my surprise I didn't see any fly, no bad smell, and it was pretty quiet. Room is spacious, clean (found some stains on bed sheet and basin) and the jacuzzi is a plus although it is quite noisy when operating. We had complimentary dinner buffet and breakfast buffet. The dinner is very simple, nothing great, just some simple local dishes. Yet, the breakfast buffet is good though.
It would be a nice short holiday getaway for a family with children!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Holidayqueen1978
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banting
Bata Merah Boutique Hotel
Tune Hotel KLIA 2
Tune Hotel KLIA 2
#4 of 14 in Sepang
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,746 reviews

Been to Gold Coast Morib International Resort? Share your experiences!