Hotel Impian Morib
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$46
  • Room Service
$65
$20
$36
Le Garden Hotel(Shah Alam)
$30
$39
  • Breakfast included
Comma Hotel(Jenjarom)
Hotels.com
All reviewsquiet stayplain porridgefacing the seaswimming pool iscoffee housegymseminar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed here over the weekend, very nice place, the rooms are spacious, with some wood decoration between the bed and the small living hall. but the problem is the people working there, they english is not so good, very difficult for them to communicate in english, second thing is their buffet breakfast, the staff can tell me that the bread finished, doesn't make sense, they buffet breakfast is not worth it.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, but try to get ground floor rooms
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Jaymugilan
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We decided to book the hotel based on friend's review and it turned out to be a good decision. The staff were friendly and helpful, always with a smile but unfortunately hardly spoke English. The management should do something about it if they want to attract international tourists.
The chalet that we checked in was spacious, clean with nice ambience. The downside is the bathroom sink has only cold tap instead of C/H mixer.
The breakfast spread are quite nice but a bit limited choice. The pool is big but lack of umbrella shading the loungers.
Just a reminder, please be extra careful with the main road in front of the hotel as the local drivers tend to drive recklessly. In addition, there are not many restaurant to choose especially at night and the shops are not in walking distance and closed early.

Room Tip: Request for chalet instead of room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
14  Thank Demon72
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This review was based on my first stay at this hotel. Staying for a meeting retreat, and I was assigned to the hotel's junior suite. This was hardly a privilege by my account as I am always very particular on room views. The layout of this hotel places the better view (partial sea & pool view) for superior and deluxe rooms, which are closer to the beach. The junior suite can be considered spacious, with a king and an unnecessary single bed. Bathroom is good but the space could have been better utilized to enlarge the room area instead. Oh yes, and you get to see the rooms on the opposite side for the room view ;-) Buffet breakfast during our stay was uniquely local, which I appreciated very much. However, I would recommend the nearby seafood restaurants for better lunch and dinner. There's practically nothing exciting happening here, hence the decision to have the meeting here must be correct as we have no other choice apart from our work focus. If you can afford leisure time, forget the beach and the limited recreational facilities (pool, gym, nearby golf course and beach vollyball). Instead, explore the nearby villages for freshly-made local snacks (krepek) or the fishing village for better local experience. Overall, I don't have much complaints as this is one of the only two decent choices you have if you must stay overnight in Morib. But if I have to foot my own accomodation bill, a return is highly unlikely.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank DendangPerantau
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I am having a workshop here for 3 days. My guys booked up the place and arranged everything. I only checked up the reviews of this hotel after signing off for the payment. Not good. The reviews on Tripadvisor gave me sleepless nights. But it was too late for changes. I was very worried for my outstation colleagues. I can always retreat to my safe heaven aka home but they will be stuck. Worst was I need them to work till late night.

Anyway the moment I reach the place...it was good news. The entrance was simple and pleasant aka quiet. It was fantastic and fits the kind of workshop we are having. The kind that you lock yourself up in the seminar room and throw away the key. There is nothing around and a mediocre beach. I will be exploring the beach more tomorrow if time permits and review it. Rooms are lavish and deco is chic. They had extra 3 pillows in the room. That's generous. The rooms are clean. The bath is spacious, water is hot and pressure was great. I have no complains at all. Sufficient cable channels to surf around.

The check in refreshment was yucky but the dinner made up for it. A single fly bugged me. I could tolerate that after all the reviews over Tripadvisor. Oh ya...the gym is 24 hours. You just have to get the keys at the reception to use. That's just fine by me. Swimming pool is inviting. I don't have the time to splash though.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
12  Thank PunitaMy
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Booked as a stopover hotel it was 30 miles from the airport and a 45minute drive even late at night. Hardly any English spoken. No facility for computer facility to allow online check in for flights. Rooms poor. Dirty pillows, stained toilet seat, broken toilet roll holder. Sink in bathroom only has cold tap (not mixer).Coffee making facilities consisted of faulty kettle, two Nescafe sachets, no milk, no tea.No spare pillows (only one each).. Fridge in room but totally empty, not even bottled water in it.
Food not to European tastes. Staff desperate to be helpful but spoke no English.
Hotel does not supply pool towels and the room towels were thin and threadbare. Big pool but no umbrellas and only 6 loungers. No alcohol in hotel.
Advised not to walk out alone at night. Shops not in walking distance. Advised not to swim from beach - too risky.
No local attractions, many miles from city. Definately not recommended for European travellers. Put the cost of two LONG taxi rides towards more expensive hotel nearer to airport.

Room Tip: Don't go
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple