“2 Cowboys for 2 Cowboys”
Review of Asao Smokehouse

Asao Smokehouse
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Ciales
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
a1beachbum10
“2 Cowboys for 2 Cowboys”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My buddy, and I started off each with 2 1/2 lb. cowboy. He likes his well, mine med. rare. Both were cooked perfectly. Fill that out with some ribs (excellent) , baked beans and a couple of ice cold beers and well let's just say it was GOOD day. Great service and food with good prices!

• Visited September 2013

“Surprisingly Good!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I am used to restaurants in the hills of Puerto Rico that are located well with good views but the food always seems to disappoint. This case was different, the appetizer and main courses were excellent. We were a party of 18 people, the service was rapid and always up to par, the meats although thick and big were cooked to perfection. No wonder there were so many people waiting for tables.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank adiazjr15
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Back to ASAO”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I visited this restaurant over a year ago and it was a great experience and if it was good then it's even better now.Food was excellent,we ordered the platter that included ribs,roast pork,bbq chicken and mofongo.The beer was ice cold, the service by the staff was outstanding and the owners Pedro Vivoni and Papo were going around talking to all the customers which was really appreciated by all the guests.If you want to eat the best bbq in Puerto Rico then you must visit ASAO.They had a live band playing great music putting you in a great festive mood.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Manny R
Aguadilla
“An outstanding satisfying experience!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

As an owner of my own food business for the last 20 years I enjoy trying all types of food and evaluating the whole experience and today was one of those extra WOW experiences in the beautiful mountains of Ciales, a country outdoor inn with the most delicious smoked meats. I had the ribs (2 different versions) both were awesome!! I highly reccomend ASAO And I am sure you will too!
We are locals and we loved it and if your here visiting PR you will want to stop in ASAO!! 5 thumbs up!

• Visited August 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Texas Approved Smokehouse!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This place is awesome! My husband is a true Texan and when I heard about this place, I had to take him to see if I could find him a little Texas in Puerto Rico. Extremely easy to get to; from San Juan, take Manati exit 48 - stay on 149 for about 10 to 15 minutes take a left on 145 and it will be on your right side in about 10 minutes. I hope I remembered correctly. :)

We got to talk to the Chef. Super nice! Easy to talk to. The food is superb. Very authentic. My husband was very pleased. Now, the secret is out! So, if your starving get there early. Otherwise, get ready for a wait. This place attaracts A LOT of families in bulk!!!

The staff was all very polite and professional. An incredibly service oriented bartender took care of us while we waited. I didn't get his name, but he had long dredlocks, so when you see him, he'll stand out! He offered my husband his special creation of a starfruit mojito. It was delicious! Star fruit or carambola is one of the native fruits. I recommend you try it!

Oh, and the prices are SUPER economical!!

All in all, we are returning soon with the family in toll.

• Visited August 2013