This could be a real nice place to stay. Its location in the middle of nowhere may be positive for the one and negative for the other, but we found the place while travelling by motorbikes, so the location was ok for us. Main building with a fairly impressive stairway to the upper level, so we accepted the USD 100,- for single occupancy per night (off-season) - just to realize that there is no water at the room. "Yes, they do some maintenance at the water supply, that happens _from time to time_ but in 2 or 3 hours latest, there will be water again."
Later that afternoon - that guy who cashed in our 100 bucks wasn't seen any more - no water until now - the girl at the restaurant bar said "they do this to us ALL THE TIME", and could not take our order for fries to come with our meal, 'cause there was no electricity, either.
To make a full day's story short: we did not have a single drop of water from check-in until check-out. Do I need to explain the consequences in detail? I doubt. Just as one less disgusting detail: The maid wiping the restaurant's floor had to fetch the water from the pool outside...
At check-out, we got back 20 bucks, because 'no water', but that left us with USD 80,- for a night with no sanitary / bathroom / at all. Can't recommend that place - it is nothing more that facade.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll be staying right at the beach! We are one of the few real beachfront luxury accommodations in Costa Rica with less than 40 meters from the Pacific Ocean. The Delfin Beachfront Resort is located on the tranquil and secluded beach of Playa Bejuco on the Central Pacific Coast of Costa Rica at just a 2-hour drive from the airport in San José. Once you get to Jacó, drive approximately 30 kilometres south, after passing Esterillos, Monterey and Del Pacifico, you will see signs on your right for the entrance to Playa Bejuco. Drive down to the beach and take a left. Amenities Weddings is just one of the many specialties here The Delfin Beachfront Resort has been host to many weddings of the rich and famous. The lobby speaks for itself with 40-foot ceilings crafted in over 2-miles of teakwood and almond. The grand staircase is also a landmark with famous U.S. Senators. If you prefer "barefoot on the beach" weddings or a ceremony in front of 50 capuchin-monkeys, just ask for it. Delfin Beachfront Resort has contracted with a well renowned event planner in Costa Rica to deliver the wedding of your dreams. But there is much more adventure here: Sport fishing, hiking on a nature trail and on the beach, surfing, jungle and beach tours to rainforests, beaches, waterfalls and wildlife, canopy tours, snorkelling, horseback-riding, ATV's, hang gliding, crocodile river cruise, cruise to Tortuga Island, aerial tram, twin engine aerial tour, Spanish school, and last but no least, treat yourself to a relaxing in house massage at the private facilities. Rooms Deluxe guestrooms right at the beach This Costa Rican landmark features luxury accommodations with beachfront rooms less at than 40 meters from the Pacific Ocean. All guestrooms include air conditioning, ocean view balconies, TV, private bathroom with hot water, and Internet access. Beautiful Restaurant & Bar At the bar and restaurant you can enjoy magnificent views of the pool and lush tropical surroundings on one side, and the beautiful Pacific Ocean on the other. The bar features Direct-TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Delfin Beachfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delfin Beachfront Hotel Province Of Puntarenas
- Delfin Beach Front Hotel
- Delfin Beach Front Parrita
- Hotel Delfin Beachfront Resort Costa Rica/Playa Bejuco