My wife and i had a very bad experience in this hotel. The first day we checked our room and we detected several problems: the tap of the shower did not work, the drainpipe was stucked as well, so after 1-2 minutes of taking a shower I was standing inch-deep in the water. In addition to this, there was a really bad and continuous smell coming out of the bathroom. Besides the remote control for the TV did not work and the lamp on the bedside table eiter. Truly not an ideal situation, however not really a problem - so far. We adviced the hotel personnel and the next day almost all the problems were solved, excluding the drainpipe and the smell. We asked for swapping the room but we were told that the hotel was full. We reserved for 4 days but facing the situation of no possibility of swapping and the lasting smell and stucked drainpipe, we decided after the second day to communicate the manager (Sandra) that we wanted to leave. We explained again what has been happening and detailed our concerns. To our surprise, the manager was really impolite with us, she never asked if our concerns were solved, never showed interest in our well-being and if the room was in good conditions or not. Instead she said that she would have no time(!) for us to check if the room was ok and as the hotel she is running is a BUSINESS she can not make any refunds. She was so impolite and really rude. We were surprised about her behaviour as we did not show any agression to her, but she reponded in a very agressive and hostile way. When I showed my disgree towards her way to treat us and towards the fact that she reclaims me to pay for the pending(!) nights in a room that is in no way enabled to host visitors because of very bad smell and stucked drains, she wanted to call the police!! I do not know what is inside of the manager's head in this situation?!?! I do not know either how the owners of the hotel could have put this kind of person in such an exposed and client facing position, this is not leading to a sustainable business... We had made some very good experience with the costaricans, the the manager Sandra was far the worst experience of Costaricans we made in 3 weeks!! Finally I paid a pending night in order to avoid loosing time and nervs during my holidays (bad decision?), and we went to another place. In this way we lost like 125 USD, but I would not have stayed one more night in this circumstances. The fun thing: when we checked out, the manager finally went to check our room (she should have done it when we complained so that she could make sure that our concerns were solved), but this time she did it probably in order to check if we broke or steal something!!
There were more people working in the hotel. Everybody treated us really good. Food was good as well. But finally what stays in one's head is the bad experience with Sandra, so this evaluation is POOR.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll be staying right at the beach! We are one of the few real beachfront luxury accommodations in Costa Rica with less than 40 meters from the Pacific Ocean. The Delfin Beachfront Resort is located on the tranquil and secluded beach of Playa Bejuco on the Central Pacific Coast of Costa Rica at just a 2-hour drive from the airport in San José. Once you get to Jacó, drive approximately 30 kilometres south, after passing Esterillos, Monterey and Del Pacifico, you will see signs on your right for the entrance to Playa Bejuco. Drive down to the beach and take a left. Amenities Weddings is just one of the many specialties here The Delfin Beachfront Resort has been host to many weddings of the rich and famous. The lobby speaks for itself with 40-foot ceilings crafted in over 2-miles of teakwood and almond. The grand staircase is also a landmark with famous U.S. Senators. If you prefer "barefoot on the beach" weddings or a ceremony in front of 50 capuchin-monkeys, just ask for it. Delfin Beachfront Resort has contracted with a well renowned event planner in Costa Rica to deliver the wedding of your dreams. But there is much more adventure here: Sport fishing, hiking on a nature trail and on the beach, surfing, jungle and beach tours to rainforests, beaches, waterfalls and wildlife, canopy tours, snorkelling, horseback-riding, ATVs, hang gliding, crocodile river cruise, cruise to Tortuga Island, aerial tram, twin engine aerial tour, Spanish school, and last but no least, treat yourself to a relaxing in house massage at the private facilities. Rooms: Deluxe guestrooms right at the beach This Costa Rican landmark features luxury accommodations with beachfront rooms less at than 40 meters from the Pacific Ocean. All guestrooms include air conditioning, ocean view balconies, TV, private bathroom with hot water, and Internet access. Beautiful Restaurant & Bar: At the bar and restaurant you can enjoy magnificent views of the pool and lush tropical surroundings on one side, and the beautiful Pacific Ocean on the other. The bar features Direct-TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Delfin Playa Bejuco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delfin Beachfront Hotel Province Of Puntarenas
- Delfin Beach Front Hotel
- Delfin Beach Front Parrita
- Hotel Delfin Playa Bejuco Costa Rica