“Too Much Recado!”

Cuisines: Filipino
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 15, 2014

The place was ok and service fast. However, I expected their "gambas" to be just shrimps since this is what it is but when the gambas arrived, it was full of vegetables! You can't even see the shrimps. All of the dishes we ordered was just full of vegetables or recado. The only saving grace was the Kinilaw.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

I went here with friends last May and it was the most horrible restaurant I've had the displeasure of eating at. The servers were very rude and the interiors were filthy. We had to ask/do everything from cleaning up the tables to requesting for utensils. The waiting time was horrible and they have poor waiting list/order management.

And maybe it was just because we were there for the summer but the restaurant does not accept outside guests for breakfast (who are not checked-in) until 9am.

Menu prices were higher than average but were forgettable. I don't recommend eating at this restaurant, go find other establishments have more polite servers and better food with the same view overlooking the Baler waves.

3  Thank sunshinelavariel
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Since i have read all the reviews about this place, i knew the "right diskarte" for this.. Go there early, place your orders and make a reservation..

What we did.. We went here at 9 am and we pre- ordered our meals for lunch and we deposited 500 pesos. They get our number and texted us when the food is ready..
When we get there, the food id ready, we have a table reserved. And we did the same thing, we left our left overs and they reheat it for our dinner and just add some orders.. The food is great! Chicken garlic! And Crispy Buntot! My God!!!

1  Thank Elaine M
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Long wait for the food to be served. Food was average. Atmosphere is like carenderia. The second time we went there for dinner, we were told that wait for the food is 90 minutes. We went to the next door, Bayler and thankfully for that, we had the best dinner.

1  Thank 2000downunder
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We went here (Hungry Surfer restaurant) few days ago and ordered their famous garlic fried chicken,( Php 220 for 6 pc ). I like the chicken so much, beacuase of the breading nad taste as well. Also, I like their kare-kare. I like the interior of the restaurant, also has a beach view.

1  Thank ClairetheTraveler