“contact numbers not reachable”
Review of Bahia de Baler

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Baler
Bahia de Baler
Ranked #23 of 56 Specialty Lodging in Baler
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I'm just wondering how the reviewers were able to book a room in this resort. The resort has 2 numbers and both are unreachable since l started calling them last week. I've heard good reviews from friends but it's getting to be frustrating trying to contact them. We booked a room at costa pacifica, instead. I hope it's better compared to bahia de baler.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
15  Thank vandolph
There are newer reviews for Bahia de Baler

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Stayed at: CASITA DE BAHIA
Date of stay: December 7-9, 2013
Rooms: 908, 909

This was a rebooking. Our original dates booked were October 12-15, 2013. Unfortunately, Typhoon Santi hit the region and our trip had to be postponed. Props to Genesis Joy Bus for calling the morning of October 12 to inform me that all bus trips were cancelled due to the weather. Upon informing Bahia, I asked if we could rebook. Bahia's response initially was we had to rebook by the end of October. This was unreasonable and I requested for consideration since we booked the original weekend due to the declared holiday on October 15. It would be hard for the 5 of us in the group to find another weekend where we were all available in that short amount of time. We were given until the 1st week of December to rebook. Unfortunately, we could not stay the original 3 nights and had to forfeit the 3rd night.

Pros:
- clean, spacious room
- comfortable bed and linens, down pillows
- bedside tables
- cabinet for clothing
- extra cabinet/table area (this was not present during our August stay)
- cable tv
- room safe
- clean bathroom, basic toiletries
- excellent service both by the staff at the Casita and of Costa Pacifica in general
- a small sitting area outside the room
- quiet and away from the rest of the resorts
- pool
- surfing lessons c/o Charlie Does Surf at Costa Pacifica is discounted (from P350 to P300) if you are staying at Bahia/Costa
- amenities at Costa Pacifica are very satisfactory
- free shuttle to and from the bus terminal

Cons:
- for room 908: there is no door separating the bathroom from the room
- no mini refrigerator (unlike Casa de Bahia), but there is a refrigerator at the reception area of Casita in case one needs to place something in it
- only 1 trash can in the room, found in the bathroom

Stayed at: CASITA DE BAHIA (with pool, across Pavilion)
Date of stay: August 9-11, 2013
Rooms: 107, 108

Pros:
- clean, spacious room
- comfortable bed and linens, down pillows
- bedside tables
- cabinet for clothing
- cable tv
- room safe
- clean bathroom, basic toiletries (cubicle for shower, cubicle for toilet)
- excellent service
- a small sitting area outside the room
- pool
- surfing lessons in front of the pavilion is discounted (from P350 to P300) if you are staying at Bahia/Costa

Cons:
- there is no door separating the bathroom from the room
- no mini refrigerator (unlike Casa de Bahia)
- only 1 trash can in the room, found in the bathroom

** Not really a con - Casita de Bahia is not beachfront but it is just a short walk from the beach.

Room Tip: Room 107 and 108 (now 907, 908 respectively) does not have a door separating the bathroom from the r...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank travelinmanila
Reviewed November 6, 2013

The hotel is Spartan but covers all the minimum requirements. It is clean and new; well-placed and the service is good. Overall a good option when visiting the historical village of Baler – only one recommendation: do not order the hotel massage services as the personnel is not properly trained and can be painful!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Francisco R M
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My Girlfriend and i stayed in Baler last week and we spent the whole time at Bahia De Baler.
The rooms were very comfortable at both the hotels and the facilities at the Pavillion were great. Good food at a reasonable price.

The best thing about the hotel was the staff. I told them in advance that I planned to propose to my girlfriend and the all of the staff, from the Hotel manager, Randy, down went out of there way to make this a perfect moment for us.

There was a little building work still going on when we stayed there but this did not effect our stay negatively and this is due to be finished by the end of August.

If you plan to visit Baler i would say that this is the best place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Steven P
Reviewed June 4, 2013

PROS:
1. free shuttle around the area and into town when available
2. Room
- spacious
- comfy bed with comforter and down pillows
- modern bathroom with some toiletries (though the bathroom could use a minor adjustment, we were always worried the water would overflow from the shower area into the rest of the bathroom because there's no step/divider)
- small fridge
- safe for valuables
- a balcony and a towel stand to hang wet swimsuits
- modern blinds
- they were able to check us in to 1 room before the check-in time of 2pm
3. bathrooms by the Pavilion for guests are clean
4. they have an airconditioned library/sitting area with a computer if you need to kill time waiting for the bus

CONS:
1. Location
- not beachfront
- ongoing large-scale construction right in front
- It's very strange that their resort is split up in sections that aren't even connected - the Bahia place that we stayed in is around a 5-minute walk give or take to the Pavilion (where their beach front is, where breakfast and meals are served, where the surf school Charlie Does is) unless the free shuttle is available; the pool and another group of Bahia rooms is across the street from the Pavilion.
2. Food - not worth it for the price that you pay. Most expensive among all the other places we ate in.
3. Room
- there was a tv in the room but you couldn't watch anything because it was all just static
- no closet
4. There was supposed to be wifi but we could not access it at all.
5. On our last day, as we were getting ready to check-out, a brown-out occurred. And with that brown-out, the water in the bathroom went kaput - so my friend who was still in the shower had to wait until power was restored to be able to finish taking a bath. (on a good note, I believe they do have a generator which the staff at the front desk asked the maintenance guy to turn on when the brown-out hit)

Neither pro or con - but they asked us to pay for our 2 rooms (deluxe room for 2, with extra person) in full 3 weeks before our stay.

Room Tip: Room 203 where we stayed had a view of... the construction site! Boo.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank travelinmanila
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I wrote a letter to the management regarding my disappointment.

To bahia management,

I am writing this letter to express my disappointment to your hotel. I am Dr. Marlon Gonzales. My family and fellow doctors visited Baler last April. We had reservations for 3 rooms for 1 night in BAHIA 1. so as we were expecting to be on the same hotel, 1 of the rooms were given to another as we concluded that they were considered VIP than us so you gave our room to them. your attendant transferred us to your satellite hotel few minutes away. when we arrived to the hotel, the staff was not expecting us and told us we had no reservations. it was so frustrating. we were there at the heat of the sun and waited for 2 hours for us to be accommodated. we checked out the next day and since my parents wanted to visit baler also, i made another mistake on booking them on the same hotel BAHIA 1. the attendant told us that its your policy to pay 50% of the room rate to be able to reserve the room. so we did. we paid 2445 as initial payment. then comes May 18. my parents stayed for 1 night. i then got a call early this morning when they are checking out that they cannot find my reservation fee. Wtf? what the hell happened to your reservation policy of 50%? Why would you accommodate them if you have not yet found my reservations? and you are asking additional of what you have asked me. If you had a different rate now does it apply if i had a previous booking which was less 1 month ago? I am really disappointed with your staff. I would have wanted to come back soon to baler but i would think twice on booking on your hotel again. It may not affect your bookings coz of 1 unsatisfied and disgusted costumer but i would probably look at this comment as a way to improve your performance. you should do something about it if you would want others to come back at your hotel. and another thing your breakfast sucks. I dont know if you go around and visit hotels around the country coz, at your rate of 5000 to 7000 per night, your guest is expecting at least a sumptuous breakfast at least.

Disappointedly yours,

Marlon Jay L. Gonzales, MD
Nueva Ecija, Philippines

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
67  Thank Nitrous_md
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Bahia de Baler offers premium rooms for your stay in Baler. Not bad after a long road trip! The room was spacious and really clean. Plus you cannot get a better night's rest on another bed. They also offer a free shuttle service that can drop you off at other places nearby. My only complaint was that the interior looked a bit bland and cold, and that the free breakfast at The Pavilion was not as good as that offered in other restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2013