“Great hotel”
Review of Bahia de Baler

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Baler
Bahia de Baler
Ranked #23 of 55 Specialty Lodging in Baler
Manila, Philippines
“Great hotel”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed for two nights and enjoyed the experience immensely. Staff was very accommodating, and the room was satisfactory. Beach was a very short walk away, but sadly our view of it was obstructed by the construction of a bigger 5-star hotel (also of the Angara, owner of Bahia and former governor of Aurora).

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank 10858083

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

The best things about this hotel are the classy room and delicious food. All is great except that they did not tell me the actual net price before I checked in. Taxes should be inclusive when customers inquire

• Stayed April 2012
6 Thank Jsfjr1985
Marikina, Philippines
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Probably the best place to stay in Baler. They now have a Pool. This is a welcome addition to the hotel. Rooms are big and all face the pool. The bed is comfortable. Complete toiletries. Stay in Bahia de Baler I.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank KingRegis
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 9, 2012

It was my first time in Baler, Aurora. At first I was confused if Baler is in Quezon Province. Yes, that was before 1979. But now it's in Aurora Province.

My friends and I decided to have an impromto road trip weekend to Baler. So we pack our bags and loaded them in our car. But before heading to anywhere else especially long drive don't forget to bring your IPad or IPhone for google maps, water, some snacks and medications. And IPad is a very effective navigator because non of us have been to Baler.

We left Manila at around 5am but I suggest you leave early to avoid traffic If you are heading to the regular route; yes there is alternative route using NLEX and SCTEX less traffic and less travel time. And we did both going to Baler and coming back to Manila.

The road trip to Aurora was superb experience having to see huge trees, lakes, streams and greens everywhere. We arrived at Baler at around 12nn. Then We scout for our hotel there's a lot of cheaper hotel at Sabang beach that ranges from 500 to 4,500. So it's up to you to decide. But us since we are only staying for two nights we decided to stay at Bahia de Baler which owned by Senator Angara.

At first I thought Baler has nothing to offer compare to places that I have been, it's laid back and as if it's still in the 80's Era, beach is not that stunning gray sand but refine. And I was wondering why people keep talking about Baler and keep coming back. Then we unpacked and headed to the eating area that most of the time mentioned at some blog sites the infamous Carenderias beside Baler Plaza. So we ate there but nothing special but cheap. We ate there for lunch and dinner we thought we have no choice forgive our ignorance we just arrived and it's our first day.

Our second day at Baler; we decided to hire a tourist guide and will cost us 800 pesos, after breakfast the tourist guide brought us to the mother falls of Baler 30 mins trek expect rocky road so bring trekking shoes. Mother falls was worth 30 mins trek it's awesome. After Mother Falls we're all hungry and tour guide brought us to an eat all you can Chinese cuisine at Baler and I love it. Now we have a choice hehehe thanks to tour guide. After lunch we headed to the 600 years old Balete tree, then to Dicasalarin Cove and Inglets. One word with Dicasalarin Cove AMAZING! White sand, blue water, a photographer's haven, don't miss the lighthouse.

Now Baler had suddenly change my perspective people were right that Baler has something to offer. And Off course sunset, time for surfing and nowhere else that I've seen a surfing area that is so refine sand even how many times you've been eaten by the waves you can still manage not to have scars.

Now I can say I will definetely go back to Baler and I love the way it is a mysterious place that needs to unveil and hidden a paradise.

• Stayed June 2012
5 Thank VicYutuc
Reviewed May 27, 2012

They should have closed the resort during construction. Workers are all over the place heavy equipment wakes up guests very early in the morning, construction noise and dust is a whole day affair. Very disappointing

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Balikbaya

Travelers are raving about these Baler hotels

san fernando
Reviewed March 28, 2012

This hotel is clean and new and is value for money. It's not located along the beachfront but it's only a short walk to the shoreline. The hotel staff are very friendly. They have cable and free wi-fi access on all floors. There are only 2 things that I did not find satisfactory during my stay here. First, the hot water in the shower doesn't flow consistently. It abrutply changes from hot to cold. Second, the service at the restaurant was slow during peak hours. They did not seem to have enough waiters around. Another thing was most items on the menu were not available most of the time. As a result, during the second night of our stay, we just opted to dine out in the town which is around 10 minutes away. Overall, our stay was pleasant except for the two items mentioned earlier.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank zangetsu63
Taiwan
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Been chilling out here in the evening of my 1week vacation in Baler with a friend. The place, food, view and location was great but as with the other restaurants on the place, service was very slow and it's very hard to get the attention of waiters when you want to make an order.

Room Tip: One needs to be extra patient when making and waiting for your orders in this restaurant.