“Service Needs Improvement”
Review of Bahia de Baler

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Baler
Bahia de Baler
Ranked #22 of 51 Specialty Lodging in Baler
Baguio
“Service Needs Improvement”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Been chilling out here in the evening of my 1week vacation in Baler with a friend. The place, food, view and location was great but as with the other restaurants on the place, service was very slow and it's very hard to get the attention of waiters when you want to make an order.

Room Tip: One needs to be extra patient when making and waiting for your orders in this restaurant.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
6 Thank MilesExplorer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed January 25, 2012

This is my first choice whenever I go to Baler to surf. Their economy rooms are affordable and are as good as the more upscale rooms offered by neighboring resorts.

I also like their loft type rooms (which can comfortable fit 6 people). My only issue with the loft type room is that it can get a little warm if you stay in the loft. But otherwise, it's still a great deal.

It can be very difficult to get a reservation, so be sure to plan ahead. The breakfast they serve is pretty good (typical baler food). I love their tapa.

Room Tip: Don't hesitate to get the economy room. It doesn't feel "econo" at all.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank croces
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Bahia is my first choice in lodging when staying in Baler. Though it is not a beach front hotel, it'll only take a 2 minute walk to get to the shore line. Plus, the place is quieter since the beach front usually have events over the weekend (especially in the summer). The two most important part of the room for me is one, the bathroom, and second, the bed / pillows. They excelled in both- having a clean and practical bathroom while the bed is soft and the pillows fluffy.
I couldn't comment on the restaurant, because we didn't dine there except for breakfast. Breakfast was very good! the tapa is fantastic. For lunch we went to Bay's Inn, a lodge in the beach front with a restaurant. I didn't like the food - the calamares was all flour! they make tremendous shake though, better order beverages there!
all in all, I think Bahia is clean, comfortable, practical- definitely best value for money.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank ro_oan
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed February 28, 2011

We were quite impressed with Bahia de Baler, from the moment I got in touch with them to book our rooms until the time we left. They responded quickly to calls and email for the reservations, and were helpful providing directions for the best route to Baler. Note though that to secure our booking, we had to make a deposit to their bank account and email a copy of the deposit slip. Also, we had to settle the balance at the hotel with cash. I don't know what arrangements they can make for people making reservations from outside the Philippines. For this alone, I mark 'Service' down to average, otherwise it would be very good.

Rates are probably on the high side for Baler, which has other simpler places for backpackers, but not unreasonable considering the quality. We arrived mid-morning, a bit tired after the long drive and leaving Manila at 4:00am, and were advised at the front desk that although the room was ready, check-in time is at 12:00 noon and if we want to check-in early, we have to pay an extra charge per room per hour. Not unreasonable I guess, except that I've been in other establishments that would accommodate early check-in at no extra charge if the room was ready, especially if it is just a couple of hours and you have come from a long drive. Again, for this I take 'Value' down to average when it would otherwise have been very good, considering the quality of the rooms.

Our family occupied 2 rooms on the third floor. Both rooms have a balcony where one can lounge, enjoy the fresh breeze blowing in from the Pacific Ocean, and hang your wet swimsuits. One room was facing the shore and had a loft, with a big bed downstairs and a big bed upstairs in the loft. The other room had three single beds. All had cable tv, hot showers, modern bathroom fixtures, soap, shampoo, toothpaste and toothbrushes and clean towels provided.

Complimentary breakfast was at their restaurant a short walk across the road, along the shore of Sabang Beach. Breakfast was good; try the Baler take on tapa which is shredded and crispy, quite good. A nice touch was the complimentary welcome drinks when we checked in, fresh buko (coconut) juice in the shell.

Facilities were also surprisingly more than just rooms. They have a room with exercise equipment like treadmills, although I didn't get to try them out, and they have a business center with computers and internet, which I also didn't get to try out but saw other guests using.

Overall I would still say Bahia de Baler is very good, perhaps one of the best in Baler from what I've seen. It is just a nice short walk across a coconut tree grove to the beach, where guests at Bahia enjoy a discount on surfing lessons. I noticed there were several foreigners there at the same time as us. If within the budget, you can't go wrong with this place.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank haribon01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baler
Villa Diana Hotel & Cafe
The Circle Hostel Baler
Playa Azul Baler
Playa Azul Baler
#10 of 51 in Baler

Been to Bahia de Baler? Share your experiences!