“Enjoyed myself tremendously”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Tonight was the first time I'd ever been to Eat Greek and I was so impressed that I wanted to jump on-line and review it when I got home.

We had a Saturday night 8PM reservation. The food was refilled regularly during our entire time at the restaurant (probably helped that the place was full of patrons). It didn't matter if you were there with a large party or a small one (we had a table of four and there was a table of about 20 close to us), they seemed to be able to cater for all sizes.

I have been to a lot of buffets all through the southern hemisphere and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the food that I ate tonight. There were only one or two dishes that were not pleasing to _my_ palate out of the plethora of excellent dishes that were to be had. I enjoyed the tender and tasty uvetsi, the moussaka, the salt and pepper calamari, the ribs (the sauce!!!! Ooooooooooooh, the sauce...), the (also tender) roast lamb, the tarama, the creme caramel... I could go on. Suffice to say, I am now as full as Augustus Gloop in the Willy Wonka factory.

I don't understand why people say that the entertainment is corny - perhaps they don't realise what the word actually means. There are plates. They get smashed. There are waiters and they dance. Then there is the ring of fire (which would mean something completely different after a Vindaloo at an Indian restaurant) and more dancing. And then there is the massive patron participation Zorba line dance which got a lot of us out of our seats and laughing our heads off. Please note that plate smashing and dancing is only available on Friday and Saturday nights. Come only if you want to have fun and stuff yourself senseless on good food.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Went here Saturday night for a birthday celebration. Everyone in the group enjoyed their meals as there were plenty of choices. At $45 a head I thought it was excellent value for money. The entertainment was corny but good fun.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

One of the best variety of hot and cold smorgasboard selection I have seen. The ambience of the place is somewhat cold because of the white decore and could do with a bit more colour here and there. However, lunch is great as you have views of the Swan River and sailing boats, which makes up for the inside.
There is a huge variety of meals to suit every taste, including vegans. The variety of desserts is also very good, although much more towards the xmas period. What I did like with the desserts is that you could have small tiny portions of a variety of cakes, instead of having a huge slice and leaving no room to try others. The cream caramel and the chocolate mouse are wonderful and served in large containers, so you can scoop up as much as you want. They also have an ice cream machine to add to your desserts and this is a great favourite for the children. The value is very reasonable considering the variety of food, which incidentally did not leave us feeling bloated, unlike other smorgasboards we have visited in the past. The food is not greasy, but very tasty. Would definately recommend this restaurant for the food.

Have been there on several ocassions for Sunday lunch. The only dissapointment is that the greek dancing is not on Sunday lunch time, only towards the xmas period, although they do have it on a Friday and Sat night. Unfortunately, we as a family can only go there on Sundays.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Went there with a family group - and won't go again. Positives - great location. Negatives - everything else.... Really poor food - bain maries are hardly haute cuisine, but neither should th food be plastic or dried up. The calamari was ok, and apparently freshly refilled, but pretty much everythingg else was sitting, wilting. Greek? No. Tasty? No. Service? What service. Entertainment? Well, we wanted to smash our plates in frustration but the promised Greek entertainment, (including plate smashing) didn't eventuate on our night. Surly cashier just topped it all off. Poor food, bad service. Why bother?

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Attended corporate event at this restaurant. Food was very fresh and well presented. The buffet normally sends shivers up my spine however on this occasion I enjoyed the experience. Owners switched on. Not sure if what we had was the normal menu.