“excellent place to eat, new experience and staff excellent”

Sindhoor South Indian Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 35 Restaurants in Whitefield
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2012

we visited this restaurant on sunday 7th october, my family live in the area and recommended a visit. the restaurant is fairly small but has a nice warm welcoming feel and were equally inviting to our children. the place was comfortably and very clean, toilets spotless. we all had the biriyani, it was different from usual but as its south indian it was a nice experience to try food in a different style. only critisism is that the sundries rice etc are a little expensive but to us didn't matter as had a rice dish anyway. the best part, i must add was our waitress abigail, she was very welcoming and couldn't do enough for you. she had a very good knowledge of all the items on the menu, which was ideal to help you choose a dish you are sure to enjoy. we asked her about a fish starterand it was something she wasn't sure of, without asking her she went and spoke to the chef and came back with the answer, and the dish was fantastic! all credit to her, shes only a young lady but will go far in the future with the attention she pays to customers. overall a fantastic night out and we will certainly recommended it to others and return in the future! thanks to abi and all at sindhoor x

Reviewed September 17, 2012

My wife and i often eat out and are regular visitors to our local Indian restaraunts.We tried the Sindhoor for the first time and both agreed the food was excellent and totally different from our previous experiance of indian cuisine.
The food was excelent although we had to ask about some of the terms used on the menu before ordering, but the waiter was very knowledgable and explained the style of cooking.
We went to the restaraunt early evening whilst it was not busy so the atmosphere was somewhat lacking,next time we will go on a busier night.
The only negative comment I could really make is the use of paper napkins,but that is just a minor point.
We are looking forward to our next visit to try different things from the menu.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Ate here on 8 September 2012 with my vegetarian family. Although we live in the area we had not noticed this restaurant until we read reviews in The Vegetarian magazine. We have enjoyed good South Indian food in London and it is great to have the same so locally. What made the evening was the excellent service and very reasonable prices.

2  Thank MargaretJay
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We went here with friends for a meal for the first time. We are regular curry eaters , but this was very different. Don't expect the usual indian curry here. The food, even the rice was very spicy. I ordered a lamb biryani and what i got was nothing like I expected. Basically it was a mound of very spicy rice with chunks of lamb in it, some little pots of dips, but no curry sauce! A naan bread was nowhere to be found! I usually have Rogan Josh when I go for a curry, but this meal was so spicy I couldn't eat it.The service I have to say was excellent, and the staff were very polite and well mannered. This is a small restaurant, and quite basically decorated. I have to say that I think I will stick with my usual curry house.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Had never seen a restaurant specifically advertised as 'South Indian' so went with an open mind.

Service was very friendly and relaxed, the atmosphere was friendly but the decor felt like I was sat in somebodies house.

The food was very nice, I had the Lamb Vindaloo and it was very tasty. My girlfriend is a vegetarian and she was very pleased to see that there were a lot of vegetarian dishes. You could definitely pick out the different flavors in the dish rather than it tasting like a heavily processed sauce.