“Good atmosphere, food inconsistent”
Review of Runje

Runje
Ranked #25 of 33 Restaurants in Murter
Cuisines: Croatian
Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

We've been to Runje once before and was satisfied, so we decided to dine there again. The restaurant is quite inviting walking past it through Murter streets. Menu consists of meat and fish dishes, nothing out of the ordinary. Prices are reasonable. Reservations might be needed in high season.

The waiter seemed slightly uninterested and I missed some of dalmatian charm. The welcome drink was a nice touch, but it was just "dumped" on our table. We ordered tuna carpaccio which tasted good, but presentation could be better. For the main course we ordered mixed grilled meat and vegetables, plus tuna steak with side dishes. Not sure if this was one off, but tuna was really dry and tasteless. The meat dish was hit&miss. Cevapcici and lamb kebab were really good, but the rest was fairly average.

All in all, it was quite mediocre. We've been on holiday in Murter six times in the last five years and I think we will keep admiring Runje from afar, but eat in other restaurants in Murter, which are superior.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed August 11, 2017

Been there in the begining of August and never going back again. We both worked in restaurants and my partner is managing one so we know what we are talking about.
We orderd cold appetizer (some cheese and salami) which was ok, but how much can you go wrong with some olives, bread, salami and cheese? at this point we only could complain over presentation but ok.
Next dish - fish and tomatoe soup. WORST. SOUPS. EVER. I ate fish soup (or i did not ate) and it was totally tasteless. like I was eating water with parsley, rice and fish bones. My partner ate tomatoe soup which was just a tiny bit better but still just a soup from "the bag" and totaly diluted so it was just a hint of tomatoe taste.
Next i ordered tuna steake on "dalmatian way". That tuna was not made in any way. I paid 20 € for 2 tiny tuna steaks (not "fat" enough at all) which tasted more like pork because it was so bad prepared and it had like million bones together with one big one. I litteraly was served some cheap leftovers of tuna. Partner ordered gnocchi with scampi (Runje - small prawns are NOT shirmps!!!) which were overfloat with cheese sauce.
Of course we skipped the dessert.
Service was on the other hand quite nice so no complaint there.
Never again.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank BlairFG
Reviewed July 25, 2017 via mobile

After staying in Murter for 15 days, we discovered this restaurant after a few days. And after the first time it very soon became our nr 1 place to go for great food. Croatian food here is top notch. As we ate here a number of times, we went through some of the menu here. Every meal here is fantastic well prepared and served just as well. Prices are very good. After a few visits we got to know the staff and talk to them. They are super friendly, and many of them are in family. The "old" man who owns and runs Runje is called Runje and is also super friendly and nice.
They also have a man playing acoustic guitar and singing nice songs both in Croatian and English. It all gives it a genuine croatian nice calm setting.
My lil tip.. Talk to the guitar player, he speaks good english and is really very nice.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

But I loved this place!! The ambiance is terrific, we got to sit next to the grill ( heaven for us foodies) watching the cook grill our food, watch her clean the grill inbetween orders, we were in awe. There was a man playing soft guitar and singing, enough for you to notice but not enough to be annoying. The food was good, but the experience made it heavenly. It feels like a family resturant with love. If I were a lady and my husband was a tramp I would expect some meatballs being nosed my way.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed May 24, 2017

First time we hit the spot by accident in June 2015. The location was very charming and the food was good and prepared with love. A visit last year showed the opposite. Therefore we gave it another try yesterday.

We had a risotto with sea food, a so called rump steak and shark slices in sauce.
The sea food of the risotto was all out of the fridge, no fresh fish inside, quality poor. the rump steak dalmatinian style was a slice of beef not more and not less with a tomato topping full of garlic.

The shark (which should have been 400 gramms) came in 4 mini slices of approx. 200 gramms altogether. The sauce was, hmm, nothing special at all. The house wine (white) was good as always, but that's the only positive thing about the evening.

We asked the waitress what 0,40 on the menu beside the shark means and she told us it should say 400 gramms. Immediately upset she ran into the kitchen and brought us another slice to prove something and failed. She brought us a slice of shark with topping and the weighing machine showed 60 gramms. We just wanted to know how it comes that i the menu shows 400 gramms and the plate delivers only about 200.

Without asking for it she brought us the bill and brabbled something we couldn't understand. We paid and left the restaurant immediately ...

Date of visit: May 2017