“Great spot if visiting by boat”
Review of Fabro

Fabro
Ranked #15 of 34 Restaurants in Murter
Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

We discovered this restaurant when trying to find a place to berth for the night in Murter. We were greeted by the waiter on the wharf who pulled up a line for our boat. We soon realised that to anchor/tie there for the night was actually free if you dined at the restaurant.... Bonus!! We had just had a big (and expensive) lunch at Festa in Zut Island so at that point in time was not planning on another big meal but nevertheless we booked in for 7.45pm. There was also power and water available at the cost of 100 kuna for the boat. We were in at around 4pm and were first in at the end of the wharf...... luckily we were early as being a Thursday night all the charter boats were coming in for the night and tieing up next to us. At 7.45 we were seated at our table right on the pier with water on both sides. It was the perfect spot! Our waiter was very attentive and showed a platter of the fresh fish for the night and how it could be cooked. Despite the presentation we opted for options off the menu of Chicken fillets, tuna steak and grilled squid, grilled vegetables and salad washed down with some Proscesso and a bottle of French Bordeaux! When the food came we were all very impressed with the portion sizes and quality of food!! In fact it was one of the best meals we have had in Croatia so far.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank wardclark

Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

Fabro was recomended/introduced to us for having great fish so we went there... Nothing to scary or schocking since the mussels were tasty and well prepared but all the food that came later was soaked in oil. Baked potatos were soft and way to greassy and my blitva literally swam in oli, totaly grose. I thanked god that we choose fish gradela over oven baked or we could easilly end up with fish swiming in oil i guess... service was nice and friendly.

Date of visit: April 2018
2  Thank Nina V
Reviewed April 16, 2018 via mobile

Visited only once when Konoba Boba, the best place, was closed.
I was in total pleasantly surprised. Definitely worth a try.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed September 14, 2017

Sadly, I cannot comment on the food, for we never received any. I sat down at a small empty table - one of many, indeed only two tables were occupied - with two friends in the middle of the afternoon, hardly peek time for seaside restaurants; when I told the waiter I would like some soup and my friends ordered a cappuccino each he told us to go somewhere else for it was a busy restaurant and cappuccinos should be drunk at cafes.
This tells me staff is rude, lazy (obviously, the waiter simply didn't feel like serving a table that would generate so little income, despite the fact, that it would have taken less than 5 minutes of his completely unoccupied time) and not very intelligent (did he not realise we would be displeased enough to comment publicly?), at lest not enough to be polite about his refusal to take our order. I must surmise that a restaurant that employs such staff cannot be worth visiting even when you are not turned away before even having a chance to taste the food.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank KaduljaMalina
Reviewed August 31, 2017 via mobile

Great mixed starter platter, perfect Tuna, calamari, branzino. Great Service. Will be back. Nice view of Marina.

Date of visit: August 2017