“Great vacation!”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Arbanija
Chita, Russia
“Great vacation!”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We stayed at villa Malo More for a month (in June-July) last year. We loved the location - the beach was just across the street. And never overcrowded. Tomi - supermarket was downstairs. The property was in good shape. We rented two appartments - one-bedroom and two bedroom next door. Both had fully equiped kitchens. The two bedroom one had two bathrooms with bathtubs. Everything was shiny clean when we arrived and well taken care of, the bedding was changed in time. The accomodation is well worth the value - it is a comfortable 3*-4* apartment complex with most of the balconies having a sea view. The girls at the reception were very helpful. The owners of the property were very nice, we corresponded via email before our arrival and received all the necessary information. They have booked a taxi to meet us at the airport at a reasonable price. All our needs during the stay (like laundry or local information) were promptly answered. We have requested a late check out and it was provided to us without any extra pay. There are several cafes and restaurants in the neighbourhood. Even though we preferred to cook for our famliy with 4 kids. We took a local bus to go to Trogir every other day for fresh fruit and enjoying the old city. We also went to Split 3 or 4 times for sightseeing and shopping. We loved our stay at Malo More and are planning to come back this year for another month. We have recommended it to our friends. And they are coming back again this year. Coatia is beautiful, sunny and we have really enjoyed visiting it!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Katerina E

Business
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
BRIGHTON
Reviewed October 17, 2011

From the time I saw that steep slope and those steps I just knew this was going to be bad. What we were to find out was the season had closed and we do mean closed a week ago. I guess we were lucky to have the little Tommy supermarket open and even on a Sunday. We were miles it seemed from any where. We had gone from having paid for a 1 room apartment to a 2 bed for an extra 1100kunar! I am a lover of minimalism but I do not enjoy or like sparse. Example - the only cooking utensils were a ladel, a spatula and a roasting fork. But it was that slope and stairs that got me. I had told the 'lovely' Nada that I was considering bringing my wheelchair 'No problem' she told me. The night before we left we decided not to take it and we were right about that. Considering the apartment could sleep 6 there was just one 2 seater settee, a dining table and chairs for 6 in the open plan living area plus a sat.tv (3 english speaking channels and yes you guessed, news channels). I had the 'disablled bathroom' and it was just that. The only concessions to assist the disabled was a toilet riser and a shower cubicle that had been sawn in half. I was in shock and more so when I found out that I had about 14 inches between the side of my bed and the wardrobe. But there was worse to come... My partner told me that he thought he had been bitten but how as we had not encountered any mosquitos or the like. It didn't take long to work out that THE only place he could have been bitten was when he was in one of the single beds in his twin bed room. 'Sleep in the other bed' I said and he did. The following morning there were even more bites - BOTH BEDS were infested. I felt sick to the stomach and as for contacting the lovely Nada - impossible - we were lumbered. We couldn't make phone calls and even texting was a problem. We have travelled the world and stayed in some very poor hotels and have never encountered this. So to me it didn't matter about that awful slope and pain inducing steps it was the fact that something was hurting my partner and these bites were quite large and painful and there was no one we could contact to make things right. The other thing was our view, it was 2/3rds brick wall and 1/3rd sea view. That said, the sea was beautiful, it was clear and warm and very inviting. The people were very friendly and enchanting and went out of their way to help and assist us. I didn't mind the bus that only travelled a couple of a hundred yards and then stopped, we all got off, we all walked another couple of hundred yards and then got on another bus and that took us into the lovely town of Trogir. That office we had encountered on day one had stayed closed and the only way to contact anyone was to call a local Croatian number, oh I forgot we couldn't make calls. All in all we had been taken for a ride. Nada knew Arbanijer was on close down yet did she tell us? No. I am the sort of person who would tell about an area closing and advise them to travel if possible on an alternate date. The bath tub should have been a place to escape but it was a half bath and those towels sure did have some very strange starch on them... all I wanted to do was to get out of there and get home.
Would we go back to Croatia? Yes definately. Would we stay at the lovely Villa Malo More? NEVER and I advise others the same. Don't go and especially out of season. We had a very early flight to return to the UK and as there wasn't anywhere to leave the keys we left them on that wonderful dining table for 6...

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TwoHotBlokes
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Firstly - you read about "luxury apartment in Villa Malo More" in advertise.
Secondly - you receive an email from the owner (manager?) who assures you that you made "your best choice"
Thirdly - you pay almost 100 EUR/5 person for each day of your stay in this place.
Fourthly - you receive keys to apartment on the top floor with a nice sea view in Arbanija on Ciovo island.

And then come the troubles...

1. At the beginning you find that towels are only for 4 people (you report it immediately, fifth set will be given after 2 days...). Next you see dirt behind beds and uncleaned walls from killed flies and other insects. You're also a little surprised that "air-conditioned apartment" means air-condition in living room only, not in bedrooms (with a temperature about 30 Celsius degree at night).

When you start wondering if it's really "luxury apartment" your nose is attacked by terrible odour from the drains in bathrooms (apartment is equipped with 2 bathrooms). What more cover of the toilet seat in one bathroom is missing and the toilet brush is veeeery dirty (I think I don't have to write what kind of dirt it is...)

What is maybe less important but worth to note as long as it is mentioned in apartment advertising - there is no washing machine and safe. This "luxury apartment" is even not equipped with hair drayer.

2. When you think you discovered all secrets, you figure out that toilet and washbowl in one bathroom are very unefficient. "Maybe this is how it works" you think but after two days both devices are completely clogged. "Well, it happens" - you think and you go to the reception to report the problem. Nice girl promises you that in a few hours somebody will come and make your toilet work. So relaxed you go swimming and you're happy that when you come back everything will be ok. But it's not. So you go again to the reception and nice but helpless young girl tells you what owner said: "It's your problem. You can call the plumber if you wish. On your cost, of course." A little bit shocked you ask the girl to call the owner, she gives you phone and what you hear from him? "It's your fault and your problem. Not mine."
So...number of bathrrooms shrink to 1 (not to mention about terrible odour from the clogged bathroom). You're a little pissed but you're on a vacation so you try not to irritate.

Next day somebody calls the door. It's an owner's wife (probably, she hasn't introduced herself) with a cleaning lady. They go to the clugged bathroom and after 2 minutes work they inform you that your bathroom is working again. But then the owner's wife tells you with a long face that you have to pay 150 kuna (about 25 EUR). You have 2 options what to do: 1) pay, 2) tell her thay you already paid 100 EUR for each day and will not pay any EUR more. We chose the second option. After few minutes of quarrel nice lady goes out. But before she does, repeats few times "It's your problem, not mine". One day after this intervention toilet is clugged again...

3. In the meantime roller blind in your bedroom gets broken. Nice owner even doesn't want your money. She just informes you that the roller back will not be fixed. Of course - it's your problem.

4. After few days you discover "wild inhabitans" in your kitchen - a settlement of red ants. Fortunatelly you don't have to pay extra for these guests.

If you like these kind of adventures on your vacation, if you like to hear that everything is a problem and this is your problem, you may courageously book a "luxury apartment" in villa Malo More. In other way just stay away from this place. This is my advice.

Dear owners (managers) - facilities sometimes gets broken. It happens. Even some disadvantages your apartments could be a nice place (not luxury but comfortable). You have to know that not broken devices make place bad. It's your attitude. Because it's up to you if everything is fixed as fast as possible and it's your duty to make your guest feel comfortable. You chose another way - to leave us alone with the problem and demand extra money. "It's your problem" - we heard this sentence from you too many times during our stay. Too many times to tell a good word about you and your apartment. "Since we got your money, all problems are yours" - this should be a motto of your business.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
8 Thank Jon076
Bucharest
Reviewed August 19, 2009

Location very good, as the design and apartments. We were 7 persons (6 adults and a boy of 12 years) in two apartments. One with two bedrooms (4 pers.) kitchen and shared living and the other apartment for 2+1persons , for a period of 12 days.
Everything was very good (kitchen's utilities an functionality,) with some small exceptions: the absence reading lamp's bulb (replaced after 2 days), lack of ventilation in a bathroom (fan replaced after 4 days !!!), lack terrace bulb , and hand towels/ bed clothes with 1 day delay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
4 Thank JoeBada
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arbanija
Hotel Vila Tina
#3 of 5 in Okrug Gornji
Hotel Adria
Hotel Adria
#1 of 2 in Kastel Stafilic

Been to Villa Malo More? Share your experiences!