“Okay for a one night stay.”

Sleep Express Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chullora
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

I was booked in at this hotel for a surprise party down the road. We arrived around lunch time and found the red rooster out the front very convenient.

As we went to check in the receptionist had no idea what she was doing and we basically had to tell her what to do.

(There was a big group of us so im not sure what the other rooms where like). I was booked for a room with just a double bed but when we get to the room there was a double and a single (not complaining) but it took up space. The room was very old and dated, including the air-con which kept waking me up with it's rattling. There was complimentary milk, tea and coffee in the room which was good.
The bathroom I found to be dated and made me feel more dirty then when I got in the shower. And the shower only had a curtain then went straight to the toilet water went every where.

The service was horrible every time we walked in the receptionist was on Facebook.

Also in the morning they had no hesitation to kick out others in our group before 10am when it was the first day of daylight savings.. They where rude

Overall: convenient location, rooms are comfortable but need to be updated and cleaned. Service could be better. Im happy to stay there for one night.

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We had a long drive from Thredbo before our flight the next day and we needed a cheap place to stay the night. The motel is located right on Hume Hwy. There is a petrol station with a convenience store and a red rooster restaurant just outside the main entrance. Behind the motel, about a 10 minutes walk away is a shopping centre with supermarkets, Target and the works. It is also about a 10 minutes drive to Bankstown with its good Vietnamese food.

The motel itself is very old and dated. The furniture, fittings and equipment in the room look like they have not been updated since the 80's. The carpet and beddings didn't look very clean, and with an ancient air-con, the air in the room felt mouldy. I'm glad all we had time for was to take a quick shower and sleep.

We wanted a cheap place and even though this was relatively affordable, it wasn't that cheap for such standards to be acceptable. It was tolerable if you are like me and you just need a shower and bed. Anything beyond that, I will pay more for something else. The only saving grace was the friendly front desk staff who made check-in and check-out a breeze.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2012

The rooms are fairly basic, old but clean.

The bathrooms are out dated and could do with a revamp as well as the rooms having a new coat of paint.

The continental breakfast they put on in the mornings is quiet good for the $7.

If you are a group i think this motel would be right for you.

There is the Palms Hotel about a 2 minute drive from you and they do very good counter meals for the money. I would go and check it out if you are up that way.

Overall a basic good clean motel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is the first time I have chosen budget accommodation, only because they had a shuttle bus to Acer Arena, which mind you was $20each...rip off. NEVER again. The room stunk, the bed was stained, the bathroom was filthy, the carpet was stained and dusty, and to end the horrible stay we had bites of some kind all over us when we woke up. For goodness sake! I would rather pay a cab fare to take me home ( 1 hour away) from the next event, than stay in something like that agin.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms, they all have paper thin walls, the doors don't close properly so every...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mabel333
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I don't think I have Anything good to say about our stay last week. When we turned up to check in we were told that they had overbooked even though I had booked it back in February, they firstly offered a room with two singles & a roll away instead of the triple room I had booked because apparently they only had three of those rooms......
Finally we got offered a family room which was not very clean, dirty coffee cups & the glasses were dirty, we stayed two nights & the second day they changed the bins & towels, didn't make the beds or clean the dirty cups & locked our conjoining rooms & touched my friends personal belongings & chucked them on the floor. Reception had to come & open the other room. My friends also said that they were very itchy from bed bugs.
A couple came late the first night to check in & they were closed even though they advertise open 24 hours, they had paid & couldn't get in, they rang the after hours number & no one answered, once they left a guy came out we told him & he couldn't care less?!?!
Very average service & experience all round, DO NOT stay there.....

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Beckstu
Reviewed June 25, 2012

For starters, even though we had booked our hotel room 3 months prior they still managed to double book our room & then try & fob us off in to a room with 2 singles & a roll away, when we clearly paid for a triple room. I demanded an upgrade which I got, but the room was no better, a mouldy shower storage unit, beds that had just been roughly remade instead of changed & on all mornings (we stayed for 2 nights) I woke itching like crazy. I'm presuming bed bugs. Like I said in my overhead statement, never again! And yes although we personally didn't have trouble with the shuttle bus, I know some fellow patrons complained about being left at said destination, when pick up was arranged & pre paid for, leaving them stranded to make thier way back to the hotel. And on a late smoke break outside before bed, a couple who had booked & paid arrived to check in, only to be greeted with a locked door & no one to answer the said emergency number. After they left a shabby man finally came out asking where they were, & when I told him, he shrugged his shoulders & said "oh well who gives a toss." Lovely customer service..... NOT!

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank callum241105
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Major disappointment with the shuttle bus. Do not take it - do not get taken in. We had a group of 9 including 4 girls under 18. We knew returning from ANZ stadium after state of origin II could be disappointing. We did not see a bus for over one hour, we did not expect four (4) police cars to take pity and bring back some some women and children 90m minutes after the game finished. Many people gave up and caught a cab and then were made to feel like liars when seeking reimbursement for the money they paid for a service not provided. No apologies, just brushoffs like öperator not part of motel - but the bus (plus the one we did not see on the night) were parked on the motel premises for the two days we were there! Should have dobbed them in to the ATO as the shuttle bus is run on a cash basis only. The bus driver on the way out was very nice.

Clean but not enough toilet paper, no milk or spoons. Inconsistent standard including being asked to leave at 10 am when we'd arranged 11am late checkout on the day of arrival.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side opposite the highway.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Bill P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chullora
Gardenia Motor Inn
Rydges Bankstown
Rydges Bankstown
#2 of 2 in Bass Hill
Ibis Budget Sydney Olympic Park Hotel
Ibis Budget Sydney Olympic Park ...
#4 of 4 in Sydney Olympic Park
Cambridge Lodge Guest House

Been to Sleep Express Motel? Share your experiences!