“Eating in is pretty good, takeaway however is a disappointment!”
Review of 101 Kitchen

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
101 Kitchen
Ranked #23 of 38 Restaurants in Varsity Lakes
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed October 16, 2015

We've eaten in the restaurant at lunch before and quite enjoyed our meal, it wasn't AMAZING, but was certainly above average....

Takeaway however was very disappointing. First of all the Sweet & Sour chicken we ordered was ridiculously soggy.... almost as if it had been microwaved.... 1 forkful and straight in the bin... goodbye $15!

Secondly, the singapore noodles were without any meat/seafood that is normally included, basically just noodles with curry powder... another waste of $15!!

If you're looking for a decent eat-in restaurant in varsity this is pretty good, however when it comes to takeaway you're probably best gong to Night Owl, buying some $2 ramen noodles and $3 prawn crackers and saving yourself the disappointment... also you won't be throwing your hard earned cash away.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 9, 2014

average food with average price...
should try the spicy dish...
need some improvement with some waiter.
will go back for try another dish

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

If a place strikes out more than once - as in, while I'm eating my meal (that I don't enjoy) I regret my decision to dine there - I pledge never to return .. Iv eaten 1 good, 1 average and 2 bad meals from 101 kitchen ... Weirdly enough, each time I ordered the same dish ... Which just shows how inconsistent they are. To be more specific, I ordered their Asian chicken curry // you know when it's 'bad' because it's very very watered down and literally tastes as though curry powder and water has even mixed with veg and chicken -- not ideal. The place never looks 100% clean either which puts me off....

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Went to this little Chinese cafe at Varsity lakes after buying a deal on Living Social, it was for an entree a main meal and a dessert. None of it was edible. The dim sims were cold, the lemon chicken was roar with a jarred lemon sauce, the rice tasted nasty, the sweet and sour pork tasted like gristle with vegetables that were hard as rocks, they werent even hot, they were that under cooked. It was very poor food indeed and I didnt eat any of it, in fear of getting poisined from very undercooked food. The banana fritter came out cold with no syrup. I dont know how a fried banana can be cold but it was, stone cold. Staff were friendly, service was quick, if they had of taken a bit longer cooking the food perhaps the food may have been more edible. I definitley would not recommend this Chinese cafe, as it was extremley poor food.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Popular chinese restaurant that does a lot of takeaways as well.
Lovely lady serving and keeping up with orders.
We sat and had our tea, and got our leftovers to take home, no problem. Good value for money, worth a visit.