“No Cuban Sandwich or Media Noche Sandwich”
Review of Los Bohios

Los Bohios
Ranked #5 of 7 Restaurants in Maunabo
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The restaurant is nice, service is great, but after reading so much about the Cuban & Media Noche Sandwiches, I have yet to find the place that would have it in the evening. The restaurant's prices are quite high, basically, the locals do not eat there. The Cuba libre drink (Rum & coke) had very little rum, the food was quite nice, but definitely not worth $60 for 2, just for the main meal + 1 drink each. How the FrogDogGirl managed to get the Cuban sandwich, I do not know. Basically, only items on the menu, we asked in both English & Spanish....
The correct address: Carr 760 Playa Bo Emajaguas, Maunabo 00707

1  Thank Sophie0811

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Today was my second time visiting this restaurant with my mom in law, mom, husband and grandson. There was only one couple seated, day was beautiful, breezy and clear. The waitress took our order fairly quickly. I ordered a shrimp cocktail, which was bland, then ordered fried red snapper. I was disappointed because the fish was not fresh, it seemed they fried it and left it out waiting for the other foods to be ready. My mom in law complained how salty the lobster gumbo was and my grandson did not like the fried plantains. The service was so,so, had to remind her of my beverage and they took too long to bring the food. Still, the trip was nice, the visit to the lighthouse relaxing and overall it was a nice road trip.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

Make sure to get the cuban sandwich; it was delicious. The view can't be beat and the prices are reasonable.

Reviewed July 24, 2010

I visited this Restaurant in Febryary 2010, we sat there for close to 3hrs all we got to taste was a coca-cola. The service was a wreck, horrible. When seated we ordered the sodas & an appetizer (which never arrived). The waiter came back like 40 min later to ask what was our order. Then she never returned, I called her back just before 3rd our of our tourture. She apperantly forgot our order & said it would be a while more. We decided to get up and leave, mind you, extreamly hungry, upset & dissapionted... Overall, truely extreamly horrible. Would not recomend it, ever..

Reviewed June 27, 2009

The restaurant is across the street from beach which could be really dirty with a lot of trash that people leave there, so it is a good thing that it is not on the beach. I went with my boyfriend and his mother on a Sunday afternoon, the place was basically empty only 2 to 3 tables were occupied out of 20 or so tables. It's like a big square terrace, not much decoration around, some photos on the entrance walls, nothing to it. The service was unremarkable, not bad but not good either, the food was unremarkable, nice but again not bad but not good. So it all comes down to not really worth the long trip, not really expensive but I would rather spend my money (less or more) in food that I really enjoy and that leaves me wanting to come back again and try new things of the menu.

Best part was afterwards we drove to the lighthouse which was closed, but some locals show us a pathway to the side that lead down to the beach where you can see the lighthouse, they said it was best view from there than actually from inside the grounds.