“OMG Do the Factory Tour And Museum”
Review of Lamborghini Museum

and up
Motor Valley Tour from Bologna
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Lamborghini Museum is located in Sant’Agata Bolognese, in that tiny triangle between Bologna and Modena, fittingly defined as “Terra dei Motori” (Motor Valley). The Museum opened in 2001 as a sign of Automobili Lamborghini’s commitment to celebrate, with the new millennium, a new breed of dream cars. The Lamborghini Murciélago was shown at the Museum first, against a backdrop of other precious Lamborghini treasures from the past, a collection which is nowadays admired by enthusiasts coming from all over the world. The Museum also marks Lamborghini’s recognition for the support from devoted and passionate Lamborghini fans, who contribute every day to keep its legend alive.
Gold Coast
278 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2,386 helpful votes
“OMG Do the Factory Tour And Museum”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was the Best thing that I have seen, possibly in my life!!!! Walking around the factory, watching them Hand Assemble The Aventador from start to finish and being able to hear one start for the first time-EVER, was just the best end to my holiday and well worth every cent and hour it took getting there.We got there 5 mins late due to the train running late but they waited for us, we got to walk around guided through the factory for around 1hr, just jaw dropping the whole time.Each one is customised for the customer.They were everywhere and it was just awesome.Then going around the museum and taking pics was also good with plenty to see.Could not recommend this place enough, even if you dont love them, seeing people care and do quality hand work was amazing.

Visited February 2013

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Excellent factory tour”
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

My 10 year old son wanted to come to Italy to do three things -- see Venice, visit the Ferrari museum, and tour the Lamborghini factory. His word to describe the Lamborghini factory tour -- "awesome". I have been on a lot of factory tours and this was one of the best. The tour takes you right through the entire assembly line process where you can see the cars being hand build. We also got to see the seamstresses hand making the leather for the interiors and seats. A couple of items to note. We stayed in Bologna at the UNA Hotel. Right next door was a Hertz car rental. We rented the car for two days, with Ferrari on one day and Lamborghini the next. I did not know how much time we would need to visit both locations. However, with the rental car, you could probably do both in the same day if you arrived at the first location at their 10am opening time.

12 Thank willich
Auckland
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“High Quality Exhibition”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This museum is well worth a visit. It is set in the grounds of the Lamborghini factory which is an elegant, understated complex found in the quiet back roads around Sant' Agata. We travelled here directly after our trip to the Ferrari museum and were very pleasantly surprised to find the quality of surroundings and atmosphere were had been expecting to see (but didn’t) at Ferrari. (See our review of Ferrari). The whole place has a feel of care about it, with the cars lovingly presented in pristine form and in order of production. We really liked the fact that all of Lamborghini’s cars are represented in the display including the less successful models and prototypes, especially as we had come a very long way to see the museum. Each car also has a story board with details of the development and its place in the history of Lamborghini so there is a lot of information to read. I accompanied my husband here and even though I am not a car buff, I found it a very interesting and a pleasant place to be for a couple of hours, and he loved it. The museum is not large but is beautifully presented. We liked that fact that you have to go into another building to find the small souvenir shop rather than being given the hard-sell at the door, and it is stocked with a range of goods priced from modest to very expensive, but nothing tacky. This place is definitely all about the cars and not about the money they can make from tourists. Our trip here was a real treat.
Some tips – there is no café here although they do have a vending machine for cold drinks, and also provide good, very clean toilet facilities.

Visited September 2012
6 Thank vanfamAuckland
Sydney NSW Australia
106 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 136 helpful votes
“A treat for car lovers”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We were staying in Florence and my husband was interested in seeing the Lamborghini Factory, so we took the train from Florence to Bologna, and then caught a bus to the factory. The bus dropped us off fairly close to the factory, and we had plenty of time to have a good look around before catching the bus back.
Unfortunately we were unable to take the factory tour as it was booked out, so if you are planning on going, book the tour before you go, as it seems a pretty popular thing to do.
From the museum you cannot see into the factory anymore, so we didn't even get a glimpse into the factory.
They had a good collection of different cars, that kept my husband very interested. Not being a car enthusiast myself I probably could have gone through in half the time, but I took lots of photos and did enjoy having a look around.
The gift shop was pretty expensive, although we did still purchase a couple of things. Allow yourself a good half day if you are travelling from Florence and using the public transport.

Visited October 2012
7 Thank Hokeypokeysue
Holmdel, New Jersey
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

If you're a high performance or classic car fan, this museum and tour is great. The museum has every model that lamborghini has made. The tour of the museum is very informative in explaining the history of the company and each car in the museum. In addition, the factory tour (during the actual production of the Gallardo and Aventadore) is mesmerizing. Even though my wife is not a car buff as I am, she tremendously enjoyed the tour. I'm a big ferrari lover but their museum/tour was a dud compared to this one.

Visited October 2012