“PORTO KANAKI, PACHIA AMMOS IS A ....MUST !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Porto Kanaki

Porto Kanaki
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“PORTO KANAKI, PACHIA AMMOS IS A ....MUST !!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

A blazing log fire beckoned me into this Taverna.
Once inside, I was given a warm welcome by the charming owner, Natasha.
She told me about her daily menu of fresh fish, of her comprehensive range of other meat and vegetarian dishes. These would be accompanied by, locally grown, organic vegetables.
Subsequent to me eating there, I was told that her Taverna has a high reputation throughout Crete....I proved this to be 100% correct.
The first night, I was tempted by fresh calamares, and, like all her food, these were cooked in locally grown, ORGANIC olive oil. They were superb. tasty and very crisp. I realised that I could NEVER again, eattasteless, frozen calamares after this. To accompany these, I chose a freshly made salad, and a jacket potato, that had been cooked, foil wrapped, in the log fire. The wholemeal bread was fresh, and delicious.
I stayed in one of her, equally, high standard apartments.
I was determined to eat in the taverna again.
The next night, I chose her recommendation of fried, cheese balls. I have NEVER eaten ANYTHING so delicious !
I have eaten in numerous restaurants in many countries, BUT, Natasha's consistently high standard/s of cleanliness, and cuisine, will MAKE me return to PORTO KANAKI, PACHIA AMMOS, CRETE.

Dr Peter Thorogood