“Excellent!!”

Pag Island Private Food Tour
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Kolan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Famous Gligora family cheese factory is producing world awarded cheeses. Come and see the production and take cheese tasting tour.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I must say that conceptually I don't agree w/the idea of wrapping up a tour and tasting and charging for it.. Having said that, this is without a doubt the second best cheese (behind Parmesano Reggiano) that I have eaten. We swam against the current and were able to talk our way into a micro tasting after which we purchased numerous wheels. The young lady was nice, and the facility was spotless. Highly recommended!

Visited July 2013

• Czech first
Oslo, Norway
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Delicious Cheese but Unwelcome Environment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I drove from Zadar to Pag (about 45 mins) to take a tour of the factory and buy some cheese. The tours are offered every hour and only cost 65 kuna. Unfortunately, we learned at the cheese shop where you buy your tickets that there was a conflict and they weren't being offered. No problem - we really enjoyed the drive (great views!) and we were most interested in buying some cheese.

While inquring about the different cheese options and asking if we could have a taste, we received unwelcome service, little assistance, and were told we could only taste the sheep cheese (new only, not the aged) and the sheep/cow mix. The actual samples we received were quite small, about the size of three match sticks. The lady had initially cut off a slightly bigger piece, but cut it smaller and put the leftovers back in the plastic wrap. This experience was the exact opposite of what we had received on the island of Hvar from a great little shop that offered wonderful cheese, curd meats, olives, etc.

We ended up buying quite a bit of cheese and some olive oil since our vacation was coming to an end, but we left disappointed with the experience.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank xctour
Cranford, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Delicious Cheese - Spotless Facility”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

I wrote to Gligora Sirana a couple of days before we were to drive to Pag. They have tastings every day, every hour on the hour from 9,00 to 16,00. You must buy your ticket 10-15 minutes before in the cheese shop.
I believe the cost was 65 kuna per person.
This was a very interesting trip with a tour through their facility which showed each step in the production of their cheese. We were all impressed by the impeccably clean facility. Their cheese production is subject to rigorous quality control. After this visit, I would be leary of purchasing "domaci sir" (homemade cheese) that you often see roadside.
The tasting was a sampling of Paski Sir (sheep's milk cheese), goat cheese and cow cheese and a combination of all of them, as well as a truffle cheese.
Everyone had a different favorite! proving that they were all delicious. It was a good illustration to eat them all side by side, as you really were able to understand your own palate and preferences. I thought that the Sheep/Goat Combo was the best.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank zadar
Forde, Norway
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Tasty cheese fun! A "Must-see/eat" in Pag!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

I visited the Paski cheese factory in May 2012 and was really impressed. Im not sure if a normal tour includes as much as we get to see - but the best part was the cheese tasting afterwards!
After a local strong drink for starters we got a generous plate with the cheese they produce. The Truffle cheese was my absolut favorite (I still dream of it), and the famous Paski cheese and the blended one are also excellent! With this we had good bread and local wine :)

The factory also has a little shop where you can buy all of their cheeses in different sizes and other product of Pag. Definitely worth a visit!

Visited May 2012