Excellent food and service. Liam, Kath and their team are superb and welcoming hosts. The rooms are tastefully decorated, very clean and with some nice complimentary toiletries. We would recommend the taster menu with the matched wines as we really enjoyed our experience. ( The mango / passion fruit trifle with rum / mint granita was memorable ). The views on the patio and from the dining room are spectacular and we loved eating our breakfast watching the jays eating from the bird feeder !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17th Century former coaching Inn located in the middle of Whinlatter, England's only mountain forest. Stunning views of the Forest Valley and Skiddaw mountain range. The Forest hosts a variety of wildlife including Deer and Red Squirrels. This restaurant with rooms has achieved recognition through the award of Cumbria Tourism's Taste Cumbria 2016 and 3 AA rosette for culinary excellence. 'The Cottage' is featured in the Good Food Guide and Good Hotel Guide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Cottage in the Wood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cottage In The Wood Hotel Braithwaite
- The Cottage In The Wood Braithwaite, Lake District - Keswick