A typically warm and welcoming reception from Kath and her team. They dealt with wet walking gear speedily and had us settled in our rooms before we new it. Tea and cake followed quickly and we then had an excellent dinner on Friday evening. A good breakfast set us up for a challenging hike the next day and again our boots and outer clothes were dealt with on return. A taxi was ordered to take us into Keswick at a price which pleasantly surprised these city dwellers. On return we were happily supplied with wine and a cheeseboard to enjoy in the lounge.
It is three years since we have been to the Cottage in the Wood; it will not be as long a gap to the next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17th Century former coaching Inn located in the middle of Whinlatter, England's only mountain forest. Stunning views of the Forest Valley and Skiddaw mountain range. The Forest hosts a variety of wildlife including Deer and Red Squirrels. This restaurant with rooms has achieved recognition through the award of EnjoyEngland Silver Excellence in Tourism Award 2011, The Taste of Cumbria and Taste of England's North West 2010, and 2 AA rosette for culinary excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Cottage in the Wood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cottage In The Wood Hotel Braithwaite
- The Cottage In The Wood Braithwaite, Lake District - Keswick