This is a really special place in the most beautiful location serving THE most incredible food I have ever tasted!
Having been before we knew we were in for a treat but if possible the food just gets better. It is seriously an award winning worthy dinning experience due to the taste and presentation of the food using local ingredients served at such high standards and delicious taste combinations. We had the lunch menu which I feel is amazing value for the level of cuisine and it feels like such a special treat going there for lunch. The service is so warm, hospitable, friendly and professional! The location is unique, magical and it feels like a hidden slice of perfection in the Lakes! I couldn't rate it more highly!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17th Century former coaching Inn located in the middle of Whinlatter, England's only mountain forest. Stunning views of the Forest Valley and Skiddaw mountain range. The Forest hosts a variety of wildlife including Deer and Red Squirrels. This restaurant with rooms has achieved recognition through the award of EnjoyEngland Silver Excellence in Tourism Award 2011, The Taste of Cumbria and Taste of England's North West 2010, and 2 AA rosette for culinary excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Cottage in the Wood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cottage In The Wood Hotel Braithwaite
- The Cottage In The Wood Braithwaite, Lake District - Keswick