We stayed here quite a while ago now but it has stood out in terms of venue and service. The staff were wonderful and went out of their way to be helpful. The food was delicious and their breakfast was very tasty with a daily special. The conservatory was a great place to take in the scenery and watch the wildlife, we could have sat there for hours. the location is really lovely and in a great situation to visit all the Lake District sights. The room we had was quite small but well appointed and warm (sometimes a bit too hot! But that's better than too cold). We didn't spend much time in the room anyway as the area is so full of places to visit and things to do and the public areas of the hotel are really lovely. Quite expensive but worth it for the service, views and location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17th Century former coaching Inn located in the middle of Whinlatter, England's only mountain forest. Stunning views of the Forest Valley and Skiddaw mountain range. The Forest hosts a variety of wildlife including Deer and Red Squirrels. This restaurant with rooms has achieved recognition through the award of EnjoyEngland Silver Excellence in Tourism Award 2011, The Taste of Cumbria and Taste of England's North West 2010, and 2 AA rosette for culinary excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Cottage in the Wood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cottage In The Wood Hotel Braithwaite
- The Cottage In The Wood Braithwaite, Lake District - Keswick