No, really !! We've just come back from a perfect mini-break in the Lakes and could not have wished for a better hotel. We stayed here over 20 years ago and had a good time, but the present owners have taken it to another level. The rooms are clean, very comfortable and full of nice touches. The restaurant really is first class - carefully crafted menus crammed full of excellent local produce. The staff could not be more friendly, and go out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible - nothing seems too much trouble (I swear they even arranged rain-free weather !!). But don't listen to us - go and stay there yourself !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17th Century former coaching Inn located in the middle of Whinlatter, England's only mountain forest. Stunning views of the Forest Valley and Skiddaw mountain range. The Forest hosts a variety of wildlife including Deer and Red Squirrels. This restaurant with rooms has achieved recognition through the award of EnjoyEngland Silver Excellence in Tourism Award 2011, The Taste of Cumbria and Taste of England's North West 2010, and 2 AA rosette for culinary excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Cottage in the Wood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cottage In The Wood Hotel Braithwaite
- The Cottage In The Wood Braithwaite, Lake District - Keswick